Hate to say it, but I'm not really surprised.

T-Mobile has generally been last out of the top 4 US carriers to get new phones.

Before all of you guys get your panties in a bunch. You all realize it says the Lisbon right? Meaning an LTE phone. T-Mobile doesn't have an LTE network. They're starting to launch it in a few weeks (around the BB10 launch). It'll be a few cities initially, with more towers going up over time. That's how it goes right? By the end of March, they should have a good amount of cities lit up with LTE.

What I'm hoping is that once T-Mobile gets a good amount of cities set up with LTE, they can use BlackBerry to market their LTE network, which in turn would push BlackBerry.

In the end, I was hoping T-Mobile went for the LTE version of the Z10 over the HSPA+ model.

Does this make sense?

CES 2013: T-Mobile LTE Coming In "Another Week or Two" | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Still, even if it is the LTE version, that doesn't mean they have to wait that long to release it because even when they do start having LTE in a few cities and launch on March 27, there will still be a TON of cities that don't have it.

In fact, I'd rather they just sell the LTE version if they don't have LTE at the moment. This obviously didn't not stop SGS3 owners from switching to prepaid T-Mobile 4G.
    01-11-13 07:14 PM
    What I really hope for with T-Mobile is that the phone is not overpriced like with the 9900.

The 9900 was 299.99 AFTER a 50 dollar mail in rebate with new contract and upgrade. So upfront the phone was a little over 400 dollars.

The phone would need to be competitive with the S3, NOTE 2, and HTC ONE-S on tmobile to even have a chance.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-11-13 07:16 PM
    Hate to say it, but I'm not really surprised.

T-Mobile has generally been last out of the top 4 US carriers to get new phones.
    Well that was manly for the S2. Their flagship phones now came out the same time as the rest.
    01-11-13 07:16 PM
    I don't buy this....Does not sound right. TH said the phones will be out 2-4 weeks after launch. So march 27??? Sounds fishy. Please people lets just wait for Jan 30th for the real details.
    He didn't state how many carriers would launch during that time period, if some choose to be slower than others there isn't much that he can do about that.
    01-11-13 07:17 PM
    Before all of you guys get your panties in a bunch. You all realize it says the Lisbon right? Meaning an LTE phone. T-Mobile doesn't have an LTE network. They're starting to launch it in a few weeks (around the BB10 launch). It'll be a few cities initially, with more towers going up over time. That's how it goes right? By the end of March, they should have a good amount of cities lit up with LTE.

What I'm hoping is that once T-Mobile gets a good amount of cities set up with LTE, they can use BlackBerry to market their LTE network, which in turn would push BlackBerry.

In the end, I was hoping T-Mobile went for the LTE version of the Z10 over the HSPA+ model.

Does this make sense?

CES 2013: T-Mobile LTE Coming In "Another Week or Two" | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

I get 17mb down with HSPA+. How much faster would it be with LTE? lol
    Saiga likes this.
    01-11-13 07:19 PM
    I get 17mb down with HSPA+. How much faster would it be with LTE? lol
    Exactly!

The world is filled with people that fell for marketing. There is a reason Verizon feels the need to slap "4G LTE" in big font on all of their LTE phones. Its to continue to pushing the hype machine and make people think they need 4G LTE. Crazy, but I don't remember seeing phones with "Verizon 3G" branded on them. Lol

In my area verizon LTE = 8 to 11 mbps. My Nexus 4 on T-Mobile's non LTE network = 14 to 17 Mbps consistently.

I personally don't see a need for LTE and would rather have a hspa+ device and better battery life. But marketing dollars are hard at work trying to convince me that I am wrong about that. Lol
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    01-11-13 07:32 PM
    When does T-Mo stop subsidizing. Surely it would be better to get the phones out before the subsidy ends.
    01-11-13 07:43 PM
    When does T-Mo stop subsidizing. Surely it would be better to get the phones out before the subsidy ends.
    There really is no difference getting the phone wise. Even if it wasn't subsidized. You would still pay the same price that you normally would upfront.
    01-11-13 07:49 PM
    What I really hope for with T-Mobile is that the phone is not overpriced like with the 9900.

The 9900 was 299.99 AFTER a 50 dollar mail in rebate with new contract and upgrade. So upfront the phone was a little over 400 dollars.

The phone would need to be competitive with the S3, NOTE 2, and HTC ONE-S on tmobile to even have a chance.
    They won't be subsidizing phones after March.
    01-11-13 08:21 PM
    What does that have to do with anything? Either way your down payment would be what they normally would charge if they did subsidize.
    01-11-13 08:26 PM
    What does that have to do with anything? Either way your down payment would be what they normally would charge if they did subsidize.
    True, but if you're not one of the Value plan people (and don't want to be), you'd want to stick with the subsidized Classic model. Grandfathered Classic plans are much more feature rich, imo.

Erm I'm hoping that's more like April/May, as the CEO recently announced.
    01-11-13 08:27 PM
    Those slides "leaked" today, stating late February and late March for the release of the "BB10 device"... We all saw what an "analyst" made to the RIMM stock by saying that BB10 phones would release by March 2013. Everyone believed him and the stock dropped a lot. "

Now, tying this with today's stock manipulation attempt downgrading RIMM, I believe those slides with the March date were just the plan B of the guy responsible for the drop attempt to make the stock fall one way or the other.

Or perhaps T-Mo is actually releasing the phones 03/28/2013...

I'll with the #1.
    01-11-13 09:33 PM
    Ok hold on, let's assume this leak is fact, that means that z10 will be fully launched (meaning all phones are released on major carriers) around April. However, April/March is when T-mobile is speculated to release/announce the iPhone 4/5. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is being announced at this time as well. So with z10 coming to T-mobile with rising hype of the Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 I wonder how this will pan out.

edit: Also, BB Aristo is coming this year meaning z10 will be obsolete by the end of this year leaving z10 8months on store shelves before being pushed aside for another $700 RIM phone.
    Last edited by tre5tackz; 01-12-13 at 03:54 AM.
    01-12-13 02:22 AM
    Ok hold on, let's assume this leak is fact, that means that z10 will be fully launched (meaning all phones are released on major carriers) around April. However, April/March is when T-mobile is speculated to release/announce the iPhone 4/5. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is being announced at this time as well. So with z10 coming to T-mobile with rising hype of the Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 I wonder how this will pan out.
    That's why it's fishy. It could be a picture of a T-Mobile reseller, but not T-Mobile itself.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 02:30 AM
    Yeah but TH also said the phones would launch last year.
    No he didn't...
    01-12-13 03:01 AM
    They just better hurry up because I've been whoring myself around on other OS' s til it comes out. WP8 is pretty good, and my android is killing me

Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme
    01-12-13 03:32 AM
    Say it ain't so, Magenta!
    01-12-13 05:48 AM
    No he didn't...
    Pretending is fun, isn't it?
    01-12-13 08:43 AM
    Those slides "leaked" today, stating late February and late March for the release of the "BB10 device"... We all saw what an "analyst" made to the RIMM stock by saying that BB10 phones would release by March 2013. Everyone believed him and the stock dropped a lot. "

Now, tying this with today's stock manipulation attempt downgrading RIMM, I believe those slides with the March date were just the plan B of the guy responsible for the drop attempt to make the stock fall one way or the other.

Or perhaps T-Mo is actually releasing the phones 03/28/2013...

I'll with the #1.
    Make no mistake about it with 130,000,000 shares short or almost 30% for RIM shares outstanding they had to try something. Shorting IMO is criminal so why would they stop there?
    01-12-13 09:34 AM
    Shorting IMO is criminal
    No, its not. Its the same thing as buying a stock and expecting it to go up, only you expect the stock to go down. Being able to predict future trends, and acting accordingly to your belief, is not criminal.
    peter9477 and schmeat like this.
    01-12-13 09:56 AM
    It's coming. That's what everyone wanted. Now we're crying about the release date.

I can understand that, because I've waited for this phone like everyone else for ages. Is two months really too much to ask for? I'm perfectly happy with my 9900. Most android phones are pretty but also pretty useless when you are trying to get sh!t done. Windows Phone 8 is nice but pretty basic, still a young platform.

My point is this: It's coming. Don't be greedy. We'll all be saying come April that "this was SO worth the wait."
    01-12-13 10:04 AM
    It's coming. That's what everyone wanted. Now we're crying about the release date.

I can understand that, because I've waited for this phone like everyone else for ages. Is two months really too much to ask for? I'm perfectly happy with my 9900. Most android phones are pretty but also pretty useless when you are trying to get sh!t done. Windows Phone 8 is nice but pretty basic, still a young platform.

My point is this: It's coming. Don't be greedy. We'll all be saying come April that "this was SO worth the wait."
    Lol.. Of course people will be crying if it's not released til March. You think everyone should just be patient? If RIM pulls this move of announcing a product and then releasing it 2 months later.. The tech world will eat them up. Were you around for the Playbook fiasco? Showcase your product and then not release it for 10 months was a joke, and they paid the price for that.. Especially considering the product was half baked at best when released.

Granted this is all rumors and heresay.. And perhaps T-Mo will be the last carrier to get it. Who knows.. However I hope for RIMS sake that at least 1 American carrier gets this device out well before March.. Or it'll be a blood bath in the media..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    01-12-13 10:36 AM
    Lol.. Of course people will be crying if it's not released til March. You think everyone should just be patient? If RIM pulls this move of announcing a product and then releasing it 2 months later.. The tech world will eat them up. Were you around for the Playbook fiasco? Showcase your product and then not release it for 10 months was a joke, and they paid the price for that.. Especially considering the product was half baked at best when released.

Granted this is all rumors and heresay.. And perhaps T-Mo will be the last carrier to get it. Who knows.. However I hope for RIMS sake that at least 1 American carrier gets this device out well before March.. Or it'll be a blood bath in the media..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I hear you. I was around for the Playbook business, lol. I think RIM has learned it's lesson. However, we don't know if March 27th is RIM's release date or just when T-Mobile is releasing it. Based on what we're reading about pre-orders for Canadian carriers and AT&T and Verizon (and Sprint but who knows) supporting BB10, I would venture to guess the US release will be shortly after launch, just that T-Mobile is readying their version, which should be slightly different from the AT&T version radio-wise.

We will know soon enough!
    01-12-13 10:49 AM
    I think that makes more sense then anything else I've read.
    01-12-13 10:55 AM
    I'm considering selling my stock then and buy back after it drops when these dates come out on Jan 30.

Also, I think most people expected February, not APRIL. March 27 is basically April. Call it what it is.
    Here's a shocking thought ... what if (gasp) different carriers launch of (gasp) different dates? :-) Sorta like the iPhone was on AT&T, the Verizon, then Sprint ...
    peter9477 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-12-13 10:58 AM
80 1234