Onward Mobility is suppose to release a BlackBerry branded phone later this year....

But no word on what it will be outside of a PKB, that is being designed by FIH (not BlackBerry) and will have some 3rd Party security software (not BlackBerry). So it will be a BlackBerry in sticker only. But there are rumors that AT&T will actually carry it for around $900...

Now if you need a PKB... it and the Chinese made Unihertz Pocket Titan are about the only options...

Passport is going to be history... KEY2 could stay active if AT&T will change their views on BYOD.
    Thank you. I love PKB so I would prefer to stay there, but not if it's a crappy/unsecure phone. If I truly have until 2022, I guess I have time to look into the Titan and then some other options that are not Apple. Before my BB phones, I was a Moto user--several phones all the way to the Razr. ATT has the new Razr, so that's a possibility. I just want a backup option in case they yank service on my Key2 sooner rather than later.
    05-14-21 09:46 AM
    Thank you. I love PKB so I would prefer to stay there, but not if it's a crappy/unsecure phone. If I truly have until 2022, I guess I have time to look into the Titan and then some other options that are not Apple. Before my BB phones, I was a Moto user--several phones all the way to the Razr. ATT has the new Razr, so that's a possibility. I just want a backup option in case they yank service on my Key2 sooner rather than later.
    The Titan Pocket would probably be nice to dual carry along with a compact, lightweight slab like a Pixel 4a for example.

For example you could use the T-Pocket as your primary communicator, and the Pixel for its camera and security, meaning for any apps that involve banking/sensitive financial info.
    05-14-21 10:19 AM
    Titan has it's own issues on the "unsecure" phone front.... expect if you talking about the original Titan, it's not going to see much in updates at this point. And while some have it working on AT&T, it's not on their approved list.

100% I'd suggest you stick with what AT&T offers as supported phones....
    05-14-21 10:23 AM
    ATT only sees profit I think
    05-14-21 01:25 PM
    I would damn well hope so! They are a business that has a duty to its shareholders.

But that's unrelated to this particular issue insofar as this has always been their policy.
    05-14-21 01:28 PM
    I would damn well hope so! They are a business that has a duty to its shareholders.

But that's unrelated to this particular issue insofar as this has always been their policy.
    Just as that's mostly what BlackBerry was after.... just not as successfully. But clearly BlackBerry didn't "care" about STORM owners anymore than they did PlayBook owner.

Not sure why some attribute "feelings" and "emotions" to a corporation.

I'm a Walt Disney World fan, and I see the same comments from folks year after year and price increase after price increase. Sure business like to put out a friendly face like "Uncle Walt", and maybe Walt was less interested in making money than building something... but he has been dead and gone for over fifty years.
    stephenabm likes this.
    05-14-21 02:27 PM
    Do you refer to AT&T whitelist policies in general?
    I assume you don't really believe that AT&T has to do anything in particular for Blackberry's handsets, made by a totally unrelated company who does not even make them anymore.
    05-14-21 02:52 PM
    Do you refer to AT&T whitelist policies in general?
    I assume you don't really believe that AT&T has to do anything in particular for Blackberry's handsets, made by a totally unrelated company who does not even make them anymore.
    Truth is it's more TCL fault as it is AT&T.... TCL gave up (they knew before launching the KEY2 they were ending their deal with BlackBerry) and didn't want to pay for the testing and certification process.
    05-14-21 02:58 PM
    I just called att and they confirmed for me that key2 LE would work after Feb 2022 but not key2. I know the phone is not on the published list
    stephenabm likes this.
    05-31-21 02:07 PM
    I called AT & T last week and told them not to send me the free phone to replace my Key2. They advised that my Key2 will work until February. I want to stay with Blackberry but no phone to upgrade to. I am looking at Unihertz Titan Pocket at the moment. After 20 years of being a Blackberry user, will be forced to move on.
    07-20-21 05:39 AM
    I called AT & T last week and told them not to send me the free phone to replace my Key2. They advised that my Key2 will work until February. I want to stay with Blackberry but no phone to upgrade to. I am looking at Unihertz Titan Pocket at the moment. After 20 years of being a Blackberry user, will be forced to move on.
    Or you could accept the free phone, and then sell it (assuming it's not gonna be locked to AT&T for 24 months, which it likely could be).
    stephenabm and 3800 like this.
    07-20-21 06:28 AM
    The Pocket won't work with AT&T either come Feb.
    stephenabm likes this.
    07-20-21 06:34 AM
    Just wanted to throw in my experience for those interested. About a month ago via mail, AT&T provided me with a free refurbished blue (ugly color to me) Samsung Galaxy S10 in anticipation of the cutoff. My BB Key2 was shut off from AT&T service this past Tuesday or Wednesday night (sorry I can't remember...working graveyard shifts...) at midnight. I received a text message earlier in the day warning me. My Key2 is unable to make any calls besides to 911 until February 2022. Needless to say I will be terminating my contract with AT&T ASAP. I'll update with any relevant info after I visit AT&T in a few days.

RIP
    Last edited by Grim_Sleeper; 09-10-21 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Formatting
    09-10-21 12:47 AM
    Just wanted to throw in my experience for those interested. About a month ago via mail, AT&T provided me with a free refurbished blue (ugly color to me) Samsung Galaxy S10 in anticipation of the cutoff. My BB Key2 was shut off from AT&T service this past Tuesday or Wednesday night (sorry I can't remember...working graveyard shifts...) at midnight. I received a text message earlier in the day warning me. My Key2 is unable to make any calls besides to 911 until February 2022. Needless to say I will be terminating my contract with AT&T ASAP. I'll update with any relevant info after I visit AT&T in a few days.

RIP
    Most of us aren't in a position to just change carriers... we use the one carrier that has the best coverage. I do look forward to the day when they all provide equal coverage in all areas.

Enjoy you time with T-Mobile.
    to boldly go and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-10-21 07:36 AM

RIP
    If you leave AT&T now, will they ask for their S10 back lol?
    09-10-21 07:46 AM
    Most of us aren't in a position to just change carriers... we use the one carrier that has the best coverage. I do look forward to the day when they all provide equal coverage in all areas.

Enjoy you time with T-Mobile.
    I haven't decided who I'll be going with for cell service. Does T-Mobile still accept 4G devices? Either way, I'm retiring my BB Key2 as I'm afraid this will happen again with another carrier. RIP

If you leave AT&T now, will they ask for their S10 back lol?
    I'll let you know! I'm afraid they used my upgrade to send me this stupid phone... smh. Will update when I know for sure.
    09-10-21 08:19 AM
    I haven't decided who I'll be going with for cell service. Does T-Mobile still accept 4G devices? Either way, I'm retiring my BB Key2 as I'm afraid this will happen again with another carrier. RIP

I'll let you know! I'm afraid they used my upgrade to send me this stupid phone... smh. Will update when I know for sure.
    Well the other alternative would have been to upgrade to some brand new slab and be stuck in a 24 month contract.
    09-10-21 08:22 AM
    Well the other alternative would have been to upgrade to some brand new slab and be stuck in a 24 month contract.
    I'm sure they did not use your upgrade for the free phone.
    09-10-21 09:29 AM
    I've been with VZW for over 20 years... what's a two year contract going to hurt if I don't have to pay for a phone?

In my area there is no option other than VZW, anything else is less coverage. On the money side, I could save going with Xfinity as they offer the VZW networks at a discount, but they do so by making you a 2nd Class Citizen. And I've seen how that works in an emergency situation.
    Laura Knotek and 3800 like this.
    09-10-21 09:34 AM
    I am not an AT&T customer but from what is written on Reddit, this free phone they send you without asking is really free (no bill credits or installments added). Older iPhone users with not compatible IPhone's got an iPhone SE 2020.
    Laura Knotek and 3800 like this.
    09-10-21 10:06 AM

I'm almost certain they're not using any upgrade to provide the replacement device.

AT&T seems to be using older refurbished or unsold VoLTE supported devices that aren't in demand instead of writing them off as losses instead.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-10-21 11:39 AM

RIP
    The Samsung Galaxy S10 is an upgrade from a Key2, since the S10 was a flagship device in 2019 and is still getting updates. It is going to get the Android 12. https://www.androidcentral.com/when-...get-android-12
    3800 likes this.
    09-10-21 03:35 PM
    The Samsung Galaxy S10 is an upgrade from a Key2, since the S10 was a flagship device in 2019 and is still getting updates. It is going to get the Android 12. https://www.androidcentral.com/when-...get-android-12
    It is indeed an upgrade from the KEY2 for everything except for the typing/shortcut experience and battery life.
    Grim_Sleeper likes this.
    09-10-21 03:51 PM
    As I wrote in another post in more detail today, for folks on 4G/LTE-only phones - which today can make calls on 2G dedicated frequencies (GSM/CDMA) - the perceived coverage areas are likely to be very different once those 2G technologies are shut off in Feb. The reason coverage is good is because of the dedicated, lower frequencies that AT&T and Verizon have been using for their 2G calling (and SMS). These frequencies are separate from the frequencies used for Internet data. When CDMA/GSM get shut off, those frequencies are going to be redeployed as 5G data frequencies - but 4G/LTE-only phones won't have access to them; only 5G phones will. Also, T-Mobile now has a bunch of these frequencies that they bought from Verizon that will go live, so the coverage situation is going to change significantly for those only a 4G-only phone - 5G phone users likely won't notice much difference, and most differences will be improvements rather than losses. 4G-only phones, though, may lose coverage entirely in some areas that work (for calls and SMS) today.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-21 02:23 PM
    It is indeed an upgrade from the KEY2 for everything except for the typing/shortcut experience and battery life.
    Lol! This is how I feel as well.
    09-13-21 06:29 AM
171 ... 4567