10-11-08 10:47 PM
30 12
tools
    Thanks for the info, CX. I live in a college town where owning an iPhone must be an admission requirement . . . the article could explain why I can't launch a browser on my (poor old RAZR) phone during the evening hours.

Never thought much about it before -- I had great connectivity during the summer, but a lot of trouble since the fall semester began. It's maddening to go hours (or days, when there's a home game) without connecting to the 'net.
    09-29-08 11:52 PM
    3G works pretty good here where I live right outside Little Rock, AR on ATT. I have an iPhone 1st gen which I use most of the time but I also have a Blackjack I and an Aircard which both run 3G and although the aircard never gets more than 2 bars it still runs pretty fast. And the Blackjack works fast too and is most always pretty clear when calling. I am really looking forward to the Bold coming out so I can get off of the iPhone as a phone. I have always had pretty good CS and they are always nice at the ATT stores. I don't know anything about any of the other carriers in this area so I guess I will stay with ATT and hope that they get this taken care of asap.
    10-04-08 01:38 PM
    thanks for the info hope they get everything fixed fast
    10-05-08 06:08 PM
    Not all Us carriers are switching to LTE. Sprint has already launched it Wi-Max network in Baltimore and is launching in more areas by the end of the year. T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon have all opted to go with LTE but as we all have heard with AT&T the network will not be up and running for another 4-5 years from currentl› and Verizon will take longer. Everybody can say how much they hate Sprint as much as they want. Shoot I work for them and there are some things I don't like about them but the one thing you cannot talk negative about with them is that they are ahead of everybody technology wise and they do it right. They make sure they have footprint in the network before they start boosting they have more bars in more places. Then get caught in a lie publicly when asked for proof but this suppose Independant research company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 10:03 PM
    Not all Us carriers are switching to LTE. Sprint has already launched it Wi-Max network in Baltimore and is launching in more areas by the end of the year. T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon have all opted to go with LTE but as we all have heard with AT&T the network will not be up and running for another 4-5 years from currentl› and Verizon will take longer. Everybody can say how much they hate Sprint as much as they want. Shoot I work for them and there are some things I don't like about them but the one thing you cannot talk negative about with them is that they are ahead of everybody technology wise and they do it right. They make sure they have footprint in the network before they start boosting they have more bars in more places. Then get caught in a lie publicly when asked for proof but this suppose Independant research company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yep, that's why Sprint's losing, what is it...350,000 subscribers per quarter?

You're ahead with Wi-Max because there isn't much of a network there to upgrade in the first place. Seriously, when the parent spun away and became Embarq, they left SPCS/Nextel in a wicked pinch.

I'll grant you that the high-tech stuff seems to roll out over there pretty well, but the rest of the package ain't doing so well. There's a reason why VZW didn't pursue Sprint instead of ALLTEL to acquire, Sprint's customers and customer service are damaged goods and coverage is sparse compared to the incumbent networks. That's a mess nobody wants to clean up.
    10-11-08 10:47 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD