link:RIM CEO promises

Research in Motion (RIM) CEO Thorsten Heins tickled curiosity when he hinted �think about transacting money� while discussing the future capabilities of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) during a visit to Jakarta on Thursday.

Heins said RIM was continuously innovating new services for the messenger service to make it �a very strong platform not just for communication, but also to make it a strong platform for [e-commerce]�.

Wondering if this feature will be available to the rest of the world ?
    10-12-12 08:12 PM
    I smell potential here...functions leveraging security and carrier billing MUST be in RIM's sweet spot!
    10-12-12 08:53 PM
    very good.. but before we get such a feature, how about the ability to send multiple files (like photos) in one go as oppose to sending each photo individually.... i hope this will come to bb10....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-13-12 03:11 AM
    Typical of the bumbling RIM's management. They add a new feature ($ transactions), screw up an existing feature (local calendar and contacts deleted by latest update) and continue to ignore serious problems (power management, lack of useful apps -- not tiresome ebooks and games -- and extremely poor online help). 40% of those answering the poll say they lost their calendar and/or contacts data. Where's the apology from Heins? Heck, where's the acknowledgement, even? No, he's too busy lurching around the world talking about the next great idea.

It's wearing thin. You know there is something basically wrong when the first thing you think of about a Playbook update is "will it screw up anything important?". How about fixing the problems and making a public commitment to implement proper quality control and testing in future updates, Heins?
    10-13-12 07:51 AM