They were supposed to support video chat by the end of 2013. Anyone know of any updates on this topic??

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:44 AM
    They were supposed to support video chat by the end of 2013. Anyone know of any updates on this topic??

Posted via CB10
    Hi! Welcome aboard!!! what phone have you got? BBM video chat works great, have you tried it?
    01-02-14 10:48 AM
    Hi.. thanks for the warm welcome, even though I've been a BlackBerry fan and user the last five years I am a newbie here writing on the CB forums. I have a Z10 and I use BBM video chat but only thru Wifi, AT&T does not allow it on its network "yet", but they were supposed to already.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:57 AM
    Typical AT&T. They will probably tell you it's a BlackBerry issue. Then 5 months from now charge you to access that feature.

Posted via CB10
    rcab and raino like this.
    01-02-14 11:00 AM
    Hi.. thanks for the warm welcome, even though I've been a BlackBerry fan and user the last five years I am a newbie here writing on the CB forums. I have a Z10 and I use BBM video chat but only thru Wifi, AT&T does not allow it on its network "yet", but they were supposed to already.

Posted via CB10
    Ah gotcha.

Yah it's always AT&T that Is late to the party. They drive me nuts.

Sent from a smartphone of my choosing.
    01-02-14 11:08 AM
    What type of plan are you on with AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:22 AM
    I'm on the good ol' unlimited data...

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:31 AM
    Yep.

As usual, if you want all the cool features like hot spot, tethering, or video over mobile network, you gotta lose the unlimited plan.

Luckily, I don't need any of those features, so I'm sticking with my unlimited plan for as long as I can.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:50 AM
    Yea AT&T is doing its best to get anyone still holding on to the old unlimited plans to change. I don't need to use video over the network so I'm sticking with my plan.

Posted via Q10
    01-02-14 01:32 PM
    I'm on the good ol' unlimited data...

Posted via CB10
    I have 4 phones with this plan and they all get video chat. I did have to call to get it working but all the phones with grandfathered unlimited international data have bbm video and voice working even when we are overseas. I would can and let them know that its not working and you need it. They should be able to fix it.
    01-02-14 01:42 PM
    Typical AT&T. They will probably tell you it's a BlackBerry issue. Then 5 months from now charge you to access that feature.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, they have done it B4 & they will do it again.
    01-02-14 04:16 PM
    Yep, they have done it B4 & they will do it again.
    Yeah. Everyone remember the bridge debacle. We are ensuring that it's secure for our users. We have our customers security and privacy as a top priority. 8 months later. You can use it but you have to pay a monthly subscription. REALLY?! @holes

Posted via CB10
    rcab likes this.
    01-02-14 09:44 PM
    They are doing this now with the lack of updates. When I talked to the "office of the President" they blamed Blackberry for the lack of any updates coming out for the Z10. The first of December I talked to them and that was their answer for not having any new updates. They suggested I contact Blackberry.
    01-02-14 09:56 PM
    They are not trying to get you to switch plans. I have an unlimited plan and can use all the bbm features on network. The OP is probably at the back of their system waiting the permission from AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:19 AM
    Video chat was promised back in 2005 when 3g came out. I had an LG cu500 that was suppose to support it when att promised it.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:56 AM
    The OP is correct.

AT&T confirms that all video chat apps will work over cellular by the end of this year

They are overdue for it. I also have all my plans on unlimited and the feature isnt working. Going to call and take care of that today.
    01-03-14 11:45 AM
    The OP is correct.

AT&T confirms that all video chat apps will work over cellular by the end of this year

They are overdue for it. I also have all my plans on unlimited and the feature isnt working. Going to call and take care of that today.
    I remember this.... let me know how it goes.... I'm also on their grandfathered unlimited data and have been waiting for this

Graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security As the Valedictorian...... Swiped from the Ever So Awesome White Berry Z10 10.2 on CB10
    01-03-14 02:08 PM
    I too have AT&T's unlimited plan for my Z10. However, I'm not sure what's stopping me from moving to a tiered plan. Got an email a couple weeks ago saying that my data would be throttled for going over 5 gbs.

Throttled speeds? No video chat? No tethering? Come on, AT&T!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 02:14 PM