This would be my 1st time, Pre-ordering a Phone online and Not going into the store. I just couldn't wait. I went over the services twice, they removed the 3g Data Pro Plan with 4G with VVM because that was on my 9900...and ADDED the 3GB Data Pro Plan with 4g LTE for the Z10. It highlighted Unlimited Texting as CURRENT and my Nation Wide 450 rollover minutes plan Plus the umm Mobile to Mobile That stayed current too.

I don't think I saw anything that said, Upgrade .....but my receipt Does say Upgrade Fee: 36.00

so idk maybe I did screw up but it's too late for me to change it.

Oh well, lesson learned.
    03-12-13 02:07 AM
    BlackBerry� Z10
    Regular Price
    $549.99. I think ok.
    03-12-13 02:08 AM
    Highly recommend going to the store, especially when upgrades are involved. I am sorely tempted to pre-order online, but past experience with AT&T has taught me that it is always better to go in and talk to a live person at a corporate store than to risk screwing up your plan online. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan with them that was almost irreversibly changed because of an online order; don't know if the plan specifics will carry over with BB10, but I don't want to take the chance this time.
    To follow up, I tried to put a pre-order through with the 3GB Data Pro plan, and it gave me some weird error. I'm guessing it has something to do with my grandfathered unlimited data/messaging plan. At any rate, I started a chat, and this is what I was told regarding selecting the Data Pro plan and getting it changed back after the fact (confirmed with two different representatives, but as always, take it with a grain of salt...):

Me: Okay. Just to double-check, I finished a chat with another rep not too long ago, and she mentioned that my unlimited data plan (grandfathered) could be added after the fact. It's not currently an option that is available on the site. Can you confirm that this is correct?

Joseph H.: Yes that is correct, You may be asked to choose one of our newer data plans to complete your purchase today. If that does happen, you will want to give us a call when your phone arrives before you activate it. We can activate with you over the phone and ensure your Unlimited Data plan stays in place.
    03-12-13 02:12 AM
    This would be my 1st time, Pre-ordering a Phone online and Not going into the store. I just couldn't wait. I went over the services twice, they removed the 3g Data Pro Plan with 4G with VVM because that was on my 9900...and ADDED the 3GB Data Pro Plan with 4g LTE for the Z10. It highlighted Unlimited Texting as CURRENT and my Nation Wide 450 rollover minutes plan Plus the umm Mobile to Mobile That stayed current too.

I don't think I saw anything that said, Upgrade .....but my receipt Does say Upgrade Fee: 36.00

so idk maybe I did screw up but it's too late for me to change it.

Oh well, lesson learned.
    The upgrade fee is mentioned when you select the line you're upgrading on your account management page (unless you're buying it outright with no contract; wouldn't apply in that case). I think this charge is standard.
    03-12-13 02:19 AM
    So glad i read this. Now i can call when my phone arrives and get my grandfathered data plan back! Thank You!
    03-12-13 03:26 AM
    can anyone tell me whats the cost with an upgrade? if anyone went that route so far.
    the cost with the upgrade for me was $224 and some cents. i also had to change my data plan from unlimited to a 3gb though. and i added the $10/mo insurance.
    03-12-13 03:28 AM
    So glad i read this. Now i can call when my phone arrives and get my grandfathered data plan back! Thank You!
    Yup, I just triple-checked. I called up when I was placing my order and asked, and they said that this was definitely possible. The rep even added a note to my account so they know what to do when I call in to activate.

To anyone having issues adding the data plan, if you're getting an error dialogue, actually click on the link for the plan you're trying to chose. From there click the Add to cart (or whatever the green button says). It will pop up a dialogue asking if you'd like to keep your existing plan with VVM, or switch to DataPro [insert cap limit here] with LTE and VVM. Select the latter, then add to cart. From there, view your cart, and submit the order. You can try clicking Update Cart from the page it brings you to after selecting the plan from the dialogue before, but I had no luck trying that route.

Order scheduled to ship on the 20th. Daddy's F*CKIN' PUMPED!!!
    calicocat2010 and biotechx like this.
    03-12-13 07:47 AM
    ^Good information, thanks!
    03-12-13 08:19 PM
    Just ordered mine.
    03-12-13 08:27 PM
    ^Good information, thanks!
    You got it!
    03-13-13 05:43 AM
    Rogers Canada is consisting buy AT&T

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 08:58 AM