Everyone knows the costly plans we shell out for regarding internet service on our Berries

Today I was on the AT&T website paying my bill when I noticed that the $20/month unlimited text messaging feature I pay for actually includes sms, internet, and IM messenger features as well. However, I'm not able to access these things within the plan. Instead, AT&T claims I must also pay for an additional Blackberry Data Plan.

Isn't something wrong with this picture?
    07-23-08 03:43 PM
    I "believe" with the $20/month unlim text, you pay for text only. Although I could be wrong. I will make sure to check my bill, but I do have the Unilm data plan. I know before my wife got the data plan on her Berry & and had the Unlim txt plan and that's all she paid paid for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 03:49 PM
    Sorry, but SMS packages and data packages are two different things. You actually do need to pay for both. For example, I pay for unlimited voice, pix/flix messages (MMS,) unlimited SMS, and data.
    07-23-08 03:50 PM
    Sorry, but SMS packages and data packages are two different things. You actually do need to pay for both. For example, I pay for unlimited voice, pix/flix messages (MMS,) unlimited SMS, and data.

Yes that is correct.
    07-23-08 03:53 PM
    That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't going to call him a liar. Lol. Maybe AT&T just screwed up his bill.

07-23-08 04:05 PM
    i work for att and no text plan has ever included the internet unless it was a bundle pack with a data or media plan
    07-23-08 04:08 PM
    Yep - Jenay's right. I even asked an AT&T rep.
    07-23-08 04:18 PM
    $20 just cover text, mms, aim. You do need a BB plan which is $30. If you use data it will be .01 per kb which can really add up. You will look like this after opening your bill !! lol
    They also have a $15.00 for 1500 text.
    07-23-08 04:29 PM
    $20 just cover text, mms, aim. You do need a BB plan which is $30. If you use data it will be .01 per kb which can really add up. You will look like this after opening your bill !! lol
    What if you look like that already, lol?

My carrier splits it like that too.
    07-23-08 04:36 PM
    You will look like this after opening your bill
    Nice facial gesture. I almost fell out of my seat when I saw that!
    07-23-08 04:39 PM
    ** off-topic** That my friend was a good one!! LOL.
    07-23-08 04:43 PM
    Only carrier I've heard of that includes text messages in your data plan is Sprint. Their $30 plan includes unlimited texts. Never heard of any plan being the other way around (text plan including BIS). Yay Sprint!

07-23-08 05:43 PM

My carrier splits it like that too.
    If your bill have you looking like this after you open it, then I think its time to make some changes! n
    07-23-08 06:58 PM
    Only carrier I've heard of that includes text messages in your data plan is Sprint. Their $30 plan includes unlimited texts. Never heard of any plan being the other way around (text plan including BIS). Yay Sprint!

Yay! That's the package I use!
    07-23-08 07:44 PM
    The unlimited plan includes both SMS and MMS. If you ask an ATT rep why cant you send MMS without a data plan on BB even though you have a plan that includes it they tell you MMS is data and you have to have a data plan. However its not counted as data on any other phone. The truth behind it all is with the RIM software they can disable that paticular feature unless you get a data plan to get the service book to fill the gap in the software thats removed. Although if you get a data plan long enough to get the service books and then cancel it you can send MMS without issues and still not have a data plan. Its the way I have done it since I got my BB.
    07-23-08 10:10 PM
    I pay $29.75/mo for unltd data and 200 measly texts from AT&T.
    07-28-08 12:00 PM
    The unlimited plan includes both SMS and MMS. If you ask an ATT rep why cant you send MMS without a data plan on BB even though you have a plan that includes it they tell you MMS is data and you have to have a data plan. However its not counted as data on any other phone. The truth behind it all is with the RIM software they can disable that paticular feature unless you get a data plan to get the service book to fill the gap in the software thats removed. Although if you get a data plan long enough to get the service books and then cancel it you can send MMS without issues and still not have a data plan. Its the way I have done it since I got my BB.
    Are you talking about the $50 plan, which is really just the $30 BIS plan combined with the $20 unlimited SMS package?
    07-28-08 12:44 PM
    Are you talking about the $50 plan, which is really just the $30 BIS plan combined with the $20 unlimited SMS package?
    That's the plan that I use. I wish AT&T was as nice as Sprint and included unlimited texting in their data plan!
    07-28-08 12:59 PM

I looked like that the last 2 months after opening $350 electric bills!

Oh heck, I look like that with every bill.....I don't like bills!
    07-28-08 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD