From the Q&A: "We do not offer the iPhone. We offer cutting edge devices like the Samsung Galaxy S 4G" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Last years hardware and ****ty support. Nothing cutting edge about it besides maybe HSPA+.

I'm just happy their stupid 4G commercial will be gone soon. That girl is good looking, but she gets skinnier and skinnier every commercial. I don't know if it's the camera playing tricks, or she picked up a nice drug habit with the money shes making.
    03-20-11 05:53 PM
    i would rather have the competition. better for us customers. should have grabbed sprint instead
    03-20-11 06:04 PM
    I was thinking of swtiching to Tmobile but I guess not no more lol hopefully they will release a Nexus S for att's bands. I love that phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 06:07 PM
    So what's going to happen now to the rumored Bold Touch and Torch 2 that were suppose to come to T-Mobile??

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF..... I really hope these devices come out ASAP before the deal falls through...
    03-20-11 06:26 PM
    i would rather have the competition. better for us customers. should have grabbed sprint instead
    You wouldn't have had the competition anyway because at the rate they were going they would have been out of business in close to three years anyway if they don't do it.

As for grabbing Sprint this would have probably hurt competition more as Sprint lacks the ability to successfully integrate another company into its network let alone one with a completely different technology. Follow that with the mindset that Sprint would have to operate TMOs GSM/HSPA network until it was integrated which would be a huge cash drain for them and all you have is a recipe for the failing of the #3 and 4 wireless carriers. Then where would the competition argument be?

So what's going to happen now to the rumored Bold Touch and Torch 2 that were suppose to come to T-Mobile??

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF..... I really hope these devices come out ASAP before the deal falls through...
    So understand how the deals work. It will take a year or longer to get the deal done from a regulatory standpoint. Then probably about another year to actually merge the two networks together. So don't figure on any huge device issues to overcome for at least two years, by then you'll be out of whatever renewed contract you enter into today. Not to mention whatever cool devices will be out by then that we're talking about...

PG
    03-20-11 06:40 PM
    tmobile will have their own plans, different from at&t's
    03-20-11 06:56 PM
    Oh I am sooo sad! So much for having reception via UMA, back to pre-paid phones I guess since there is no reception at my house.
    03-20-11 07:33 PM
    That's not good for the consumer. AT&T already overcharges for their poor service. There are plenty of areas where both companies have poor performing towers. Without UMA, most customers will still suffer from poor reception.

What's next, Verizon buying Sprint?
    Noooooooo. I don't want Verizon's pricing! -clenches onto her Blackberry Style-
    03-20-11 07:35 PM
    Because AT&T will have to justify their expenditures of obtaining T-Mo. They now become the only nationwide GSM carrier. The two providers have different GSM & HSPA+ frequencies. At some point there will need to be an assimilation of one set of frequencies for both GSM & HSPA+.

T-Mobile's market has been value based pricing, pushing the technological envelope ( UMA, 1st to push Android, Sidekick line). Being acquired by AT&T very well could stifle that.

The people I really feel for are the people that have grandfathered Suncom & MyFavs plans. Thoes plans are killer for savings for families, now it looks like thoes people are going to pay dearly.
    Spot on.
    These types of mergers are always good for the board of directors and upper management. The consumer is always left holding the bag.
    03-20-11 07:38 PM
    Spot on.
    These types of mergers are always good for the board of directors and upper management. The consumer is always left holding the bag.
    Most T-Mobile customers should hold out as long as they can to find the value and coverage that will suit their needs. Anyone nearing the end of their contract might want to jump on a no contract plan or make the switch at the end of their contract.

At present, both sides are saying that nothing but the name will change. History tells another tale.
    03-20-11 07:54 PM
    Actually, if you ask me, I believe that data prices will probably drop to encourage customers to leave the remaining two carriers. Also, the best part, all new phones will probably be pentaband.

THAT would rock.

I believe we'll see unlimited data return.
    Are you a comedian?
    03-20-11 07:58 PM
    Well this indeed sucks. I got a Metropcs curve to hold me over until the new Bold Touch comes out. I guess Im sticking with Metro. I dont want anything to do with ATT.
    03-20-11 09:12 PM
    Are you a comedian?
    or drunk?

i just left ATT cause i was getting $150 phone bills and their customer service was terrible. I really enjoy my unlimited everything for $70 a month...i was out with a friend yesterday and she had to turn on her BB off cause she was afraid she'd go over her data plan. THIS IS SOMETHING I NEVER WANTED TO WORRY ABOUT AGAIN.

I really hope this doesn't go through. Ugh.
    03-20-11 09:32 PM
    I like TMO and hate to hear this. I thought their HSPA+ strategy was coherent and practical whereas AT&T just won't bother improving their current network because "LTE is coming". Sad news for consumers.

03-20-11 09:51 PM
    I can only imagine how terrible this will be... potential loss of our grandfathered plans, privacy, "perks" of having T-Mobile in general (e.g. free tethering, no data cap). This news actually made me feel sick to my stomach.
    mimicurtis likes this.
    03-20-11 10:07 PM
    maybe it'll be one of those things where if enough people throw a fit, they'll cancel it. haha.

one can only hope. :/
    03-20-11 10:12 PM
    Oh man! I hadn't heard about this.
    03-20-11 10:29 PM
    Will this mean less dropped calls for AT&T Customers?
    03-20-11 10:54 PM
    That will go right out the window with LTE, which is a GSM technology.
    Correct. CDMA is going the same direction as the dinosaur. LTE is supposed to become the global standard and is a GSM/SIM card based technology. That said, in the next couple years, Sprint and VZW will be on the same technology as AT&T-Mobile. In other words, three companies all on the same technology in competition with each other. Cant think of another country where that exists at present.

For some reason, I do see unlimited data plans for T-Mobile customers going out the window. Would be nice if they came back as one poster suggested.

Me wonders however, what will happen to Simple Mobile...
    03-21-11 12:18 AM
    I can only imagine how terrible this will be... potential loss of our grandfathered plans, privacy, "perks" of having T-Mobile in general (e.g. free tethering, no data cap). This news actually made me feel sick to my stomach.
    Yeah, me too. I have AT&T and it made me want to barf. I am waiting for the Dakota to come out and was waiting to see what carrier was going to get it. I have been with AT&T since 2004 and was ready to jump ship at any moment as my contract has been up for months.

Same issues - Tired of big bills for less service. Same situation where I don't use anything like streaming anything because I don't want to go over on my data plan.
    03-21-11 12:29 AM
    Most T-Mobile customers should hold out as long as they can to find the value and coverage that will suit their needs. Anyone nearing the end of their contract might want to jump on a no contract plan or make the switch at the end of their contract.

At present, both sides are saying that nothing but the name will change. History tells another tale.

Well im curious now. I have the even more plus plan , which allows me to leave anytime i want with no fee. Does this count as a contracted plan that stays in place after the merger?

Or do i need to just switch up to the even more plan with the 2 year contract in a month or 2 just to make sure i can keep the somewhat cheaper price.
    03-21-11 02:54 AM
    Ok here are a few lessons we can learn from the Alltel buyout Verizon did:
    1) Wow.
    2) AT&T had better allow the plans to be grandfathered in and support UMA, or they would be stupid not to.
    3) They will probably use both the T-Mobile and AT&T 3G bands now to support both kinds of phones.
    4) It may be ugly in some regards.

My thinking is Sprint may get smart and keep their prices low and offer way more. I hope they do because they could get a lot of customers this way.
    03-21-11 03:50 AM
    Correct. CDMA is going the same direction as the dinosaur. LTE is supposed to become the global standard and is a GSM/SIM card based technology. That said, in the next couple years, Sprint and VZW will be on the same technology as AT&T-Mobile. In other words, three companies all on the same technology in competition with each other. Cant think of another country where that exists at present.

For some reason, I do see unlimited data plans for T-Mobile customers going out the window. Would be nice if they came back as one poster suggested.

Me wonders however, what will happen to Simple Mobile...
    Bell / Telus / Rogers ALL RUN HSPA+
    03-21-11 04:32 AM
    My friend called me up yesterday with the news and I thought he was joking around so I went online to check for myself. It was indeed true. I am so disappointed. No grandfathered services for us. No more UMA for many of us. No more four-payment installments to get to get the phone you want. The best customer service will also be gone. I highly doubt AT&T will let us keep our services. It's too early to speculate but I hope this merger/buyout is not approved. I am happy with T-Mobile at this point and don't see myself joining AT&T when this deal is finalized. We'll see what happens in the coming months. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    03-21-11 04:49 AM
    FFFFFFFFFFF##########CCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK! Well this is fan-effin-tastic! I see five year contracts, higher priced data packages, the whole network is going back to EDGE...jk We'll just have to wait and see how this effects customers when it happens.

03-21-11 05:19 AM
166 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD