My friend has a Pearl 8130 and is getting "system input error" when she tries to use BlackBerry messenger. She says the phone hourglasses for a bit, and then the error pops up when she tries to type something. I did search for this, and there weren't any responses that had any suggestions other than exchanging the phone. Has anyone else seen this error and found a fix for it? Will wiping the phone and reloading the OS help?

Thanks!
    Kim
    08-25-08 03:32 PM
    Will wiping the phone and reloading the OS help?
    It might. Try a battery pull and resending your service books first.
    08-25-08 03:38 PM
    She's done a battery pull, that hasn't helped, but I didn't think of resending the service books. I will walk her through that now, thanks!
    08-25-08 03:42 PM
    Resending the service books did not work, she's still getting the error. Any other suggestions?
    08-25-08 08:56 PM
    I have seen this during email creation and sending email, and believe it has something to do with the spell checker. I have turned off the spell checker and cleaned the memory then turned it back on and it fixed the issue for a while. What version of the OS is your friend running? I am running the Bold using 4.6.
    09-10-08 04:56 PM
    Her Pearl is running 4.3 and the error does only show up when she's composing a message. I'll see if turning off the spell check helps, thanks!
    09-10-08 06:42 PM
    I just got that error for the first time today. For me it would only happen when I tried to use sure-type, so I tried switching back and forth between sure-type and multi-tap a couple times and it went away. But if a battery pull did not fix it, I doubt this will...

EDIT: Well, after a battery pull for an unrelated issue, my error is back. Switching back and forth from suretype to multitap didn't work, so I had to try something else. Again it only happens when using suretype to enter a URL in the browser, so I opened up the notepad, switched to suretype, and entered some text. Then I opened the browser back up and it worked! Kind of a crappy work-around, but I hope it helps.
    Last edited by Shooperman; 09-10-08 at 09:00 PM.
    09-10-08 07:15 PM
    I got a similar input error in my blackberry bold 9000 browser. I closed gtalk on blackberry and it worked !
    09-26-08 09:26 AM
    I had the spell check set to run before sending a message on my 2 wk old Bold 9000. I started getting the error only after installing Crackberry's Application Store Launcher, but cannot be certain that was the causation. I had not installed any other software, themes, nothing.

No amount of battery pulls remedied the problem, nor did disabling the auto spell check, as if I tried to run it manually from the BB Menu button, it would still generate the error.

Only after backing up, wiping the entire handset, and then reinstalling the default AT&T OS (version 5.6.0.167) was the problem gone. Hopefully never to reappear again!!

The Spell Checker is running fine now auto checking all messages upon send.
    01-07-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD