Hi,

I"m on a corporate setup and my system administration has blocked access to some of the applications like the camera. Security reasons they say. Is there a way for me to work around this blockage to unblock this?

thanks.
    06-06-08 09:33 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

It is possible to remove IT policy restrictions, but they are there for a good reason and removing them could be grounds for dismissal.

Forget the camera, it would be far cheaper to pick up a dedicated camera. Applications could be negotiable, but that is something you would have to arrange with IT first.
    06-06-08 09:43 AM
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend taking it off. There is a reason they put those restrictions on the device.

If you really want a unrestricted BB, you should pony up the dough for it.
    06-06-08 09:45 AM
    If you remove an IT policy, the removal will be detected the next time you log onto the enterprise and the policy will simply be reapplied. Don't do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 09:50 AM
    If the BB is the company's then you're stuck with it. If you are the one that paid to purchase it and are paying the monthly bill costs, then I'd bring that up to IT or your manager. If they are going to restrict your capabilities on a personally owned device, then they should leave it unlocked for general things or start paying your monthly bill for you. Either that or have them take you off BES and provide you with a BB themselves if they want to lock you down. I simply don't agree with a company that doesn't cover the cost of your BB (if you own it) to limit your usage of it with no compensation for those limitations. Such BS. Either way, good luck with your BB and welcome.
    06-06-08 09:51 AM
    My blackberry was used for corporate, but is now my own separately. I tried wiping it, but the BB is still under the control of my administrator (ie things like my camera are still blocked) . How can I snap the connection and restore it my own settings again?
    03-26-09 03:26 PM
    My blackberry was used for corporate, but is now my own separately. I tried wiping it, but the BB is still under the control of my administrator (ie things like my camera are still blocked) . How can I snap the connection and restore it my own settings again?
    03-26-09 03:28 PM
    Follow these instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/
    03-26-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD