I was a blackberry user about 3 years ago.. and android sucked me in... I've cut the cord! I'm back with blackberry.. i don't forsee us ever parting ways again! Blackberry has GROWN SO MUCH in the time i was gone.. I feel like we are strangers... I can't believe how much it does now!
    My issue I need help with.. is... Google Calendar! HOLY YIKES! I synced... and now EVERYTHING has duplicated several hundred times! What in the world!!! Are blackberry and google not friends???
    What can I do about this? Besides manually sitting and removing many thousands of events?
    Thanks in advance
    05-20-12 10:13 AM
    What can I do about this? Besides manually sitting and removing many thousands of events?
    Use any number of calenadr duplication remover. I use "Calendar Cleaner"

Buy Calendar Cleaner - Download Calendar Cleaner - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Although it costs a couple of bucks, works every time, at least for me.

No fuss, no mess, accurate and fast.

Good luck,
    05-20-12 10:24 AM
    Welcome back.
    mom2bells likes this.
    05-20-12 10:30 AM
    Thank You, I will for sure check that link out.. I'm hoping it clears up my web calendar also.. and Thank you for the welcome back! I can't wait til this is more comfy to me... I feel like i'm all thumbs!
    05-20-12 04:29 PM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry. Lots of people tried others and are back as well.
    05-20-12 04:36 PM
    So... I downloaded the above mentioned application 5 hours ago. And it's been running ever since... is this normal??? My phone is going so slow!!! Do I need to keep this window open? Or can I let it run in the background?
    05-20-12 09:54 PM
    yeah I have a similar story. welcome back! I wont be going back to Android either.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    05-20-12 11:18 PM
    So... I downloaded the above mentioned application 5 hours ago. And it's been running ever since... is this normal??? My phone is going so slow!!! Do I need to keep this window open? Or can I let it run in the background?
    From my experience you will not have a hassle free experience with Google services on your BlackBerry like you did with your Android.

Another challenge I had was my Gmail account did not update both ways. If I read an email on my desktop it showed still new or if I deleted on my desktop it was still on my phone. If I deleted on my phone it would not update my desktop for hours.

I then tried Office 365 but found BlackBerry does not support it but offer a beta program which they stopped accepting new applications for.

BlackBerry does not have active sync which blows me away! Active sync is available on iPhone, Windows Phone and Android but BlackBerry does not offer it. This creates a huge headache for people who like to sync email, calendar, contacts to their BlackBerrys.

I hope you have a better experience.
    Last edited by SugarMouth; 05-20-12 at 11:36 PM.
    05-20-12 11:29 PM
    this has turned into be a nightmare... I'm not a fancy business person.. however, I do run my family.. and with two teenagers and my husband... we are always on the go, and I've depended ALOT on ANY calendar.. just so happens it was google.. i'm more then willing to change.. however, Now, i can't get blackberry's calendar to unrecognize google OR facebook calendar (which i don't use)... I've even deleted my google calendar... and it won't sync... I'm currently looking into deleting calendar all together.. and trying something else.. I don't even know if that's possible...
    Still open to tips!!!!
    05-21-12 12:49 AM
    When you synced your BB to google, how did you do it?

Did you download the google sync app?

If you did, that's what caused your problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 06:35 AM
    I had BB till 2006, then changed to Android, two things: battery life sucks on androids and unexpected resets too, so last November I decided to come back to BB again. best desition ever! you can have BB and Android Calendar both Syncronized when you run one Gmail account on your device, it works perfectly well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 08:05 AM
    this has turned into be a nightmare... I'm not a fancy business person.. however, I do run my family.. and with two teenagers and my husband... we are always on the go, and I've depended ALOT on ANY calendar.. just so happens it was google.. i'm more then willing to change.. however, Now, i can't get blackberry's calendar to unrecognize google OR facebook calendar (which i don't use)... I've even deleted my google calendar... and it won't sync... I'm currently looking into deleting calendar all together.. and trying something else.. I don't even know if that's possible...
    Still open to tips!!!!
    Sorry to hear that.
    You may have to reset the calendar first, sync fresh, then remove duplicates if any. I use Mac and have to sync the calendar via Google, but the calendar cleaner always worked. It usually takes a few seconds to complete the cleaning.
    05-21-12 08:13 AM
    Still open to tips!!!!
    I can help you with all this but it is going to take a little time and I don't have a lot of time right now. Anyway, let's disconnect everything and clean up what you have.

Start with the easy one: Facebook. Open the Facebook app, press the BlackBerry button (to the right of the call button) to open the app menu. Go down to Options. Look for BlackBerry Calendar application and uncheck the box. This will remove the Facebook calendar.

I'll get back to you with the Google issues soon.
    Last edited by jrohland; 05-21-12 at 08:29 AM.
    05-21-12 08:27 AM
    Yes, I did use Google sync... I'm ready to do a reset on this...

However, I'm intriqued with JROHLAND's fix! Understanding the time factor!

I went to FB and the calendar was already disabled on that app. (Not sure why its still an option on my calendar)....

Watiting patiently
    05-21-12 08:53 AM
    I have 4 calendars on by BB (default, personal Google, Shared Google and work) and they all work great. You just have to do it carefully.

My shared Google calendar is on my BlackBerry, my ladies BlackBerry, my PlayBook and my ladies Playbook. They all sych great. Either of us can enter and edit calendar events on the Web page, BB or PB and everything syncs. The BBs take up to about 10 minutes to sync with the other systems but, they do sync.

So I have right now on my BlackBerry (BB) and PlayBook (PB):

Default Calendar (BB only)
    Private Google Calendar (Web, BB and PB)
    Shared Google Calendar (Web, BB, PB and her BB, PB)
    Work Calendar--Exchange (limited capability on the BB)

Private Google contacts (Web, BB and PB)
    Shared Google contacts (Web, BB, PB and her BB and PB)

Private Google Email (Web and BB)
    Work Email (BB only)

All these work just the way I want them to. They are available where I want them and blocked where I don't want them. They can be edited from any device and sync with others.

The shared Google Email was tricky. I actually get the email but wrote a filter to delete it on my BB since I don't want it on there. Also, I disabled the inbox for it on my screen.
    05-21-12 08:53 AM
    First: If you downloaded and are using the Google Sync app remove it.

Next: Make sure your Google calendar and contacts are the way you want them. If not make the necessary changes.

Next: Delete the Google account you want to sync with.

Next: Go into your calendar and delete it. Calendar -> Options -> Highlight the calendar in question and type RSET. You will be prompted to confirm the deletion.

Now go into your messages folder then Options -> Email Account Management and select Add Another Email Address -> Select Gmail. You should only have to enter your email address and password. Once this is complete go back into it and select Synchronization Options at the bottom. Put a check mark in Calendar, Contacts (if you want your contacts) and Deleted items.

Save your settings.

Your calendar should begin to download to your phone.
    mom2bells likes this.
    05-21-12 09:08 AM
    Remove Google Synch. It is not needed and is no longer supported for BBs (since it is not needed).

Let's start by cleaning everything up:
    Open Setup on your BB. Open Email Accounts in the Setup app. Open Internet Mail Account. Open each email account, edit (warning, you will need to know the password. If you use Google 2-part authentication, as I do, you will need to understand how to use it.) Click the + in front of Synchronization Options and unselect Calendar.

That will stop the syncing, for now.

Open Calendar. Open Options on the app menu. That will show you the current calendars. Show keyboard if you have a touch only phone. Type on the keyboard: RSET. This will allow you to delete all your calendars. WARNING! If you have entries on your default calendar, don't RSET it unless you really want to remove them.
    mom2bells likes this.
    05-21-12 09:13 AM
    Bragger LOL... I just want ONE calendar to work on ONE device... i was so frustrated this morning, I cleared the calender all together and synced.. and it didn't work... I just did a reset on the phone.. WITHOUT "google sync".. and the whole ONE event i put back onto my google calendar.. is there.. and not multiplied! (so far!) I'm hoping that will fix it!! I guess we'll see... regardless... I'm loving this thing... and it's not even the cadillac of bb's!
    05-21-12 09:39 AM
    How do y'all get shared calendars to sync without google sync? My calendar syncs but it doesn't show the shared calendar entries.
    05-21-12 12:29 PM
    Since you were using the google sync app there were two sync methods happening at the same time. Sync app and BIS.

This is easy to fix.

1. delete the google sync app. It's not needed.

2. Open the email setup app and delete your google email account.

3. Go to the calendar app and make sure it's empty. If not delete the entire calendar. Also check the calendar on the computer and clean up any duplicates there.

4. Open the setup app again and re-add your gmail account. Under the sync options make sure there is a check in the box next to everything that you want to sync.

5. Verify your gmail password and wait for the BlackBerry to do it's thing. Should only take a few minutes.

Now it should be working like it should.

Edit: looks like this method has already been posted. Guess I should have read the last page before posting.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dairyberry; 05-21-12 at 03:02 PM.
    mom2bells likes this.
    05-21-12 02:59 PM
    Android user here thinking about coming back to BlackBerry because of my work. Couple of quick questions:

1) if you do Google sync using the method posted above, do emails come in instantaneously or are they pulled at set intervals?

2) as for calendar syncing, does the above method sync shared calendars? I didn't see a clear answer in the thread.
    06-20-12 08:30 AM
    I'm having a problem syncing the other way. I want to sync all my calendar events that I've already created in my default BlackBerry Calendar, to my Google Calendar. Almost like transferring all existing Calendar events to Google.

I've tried Google Sync (only goes one way, anything new created on my gmail account, will sync back to my BlackBerry)
    I've tried BIS email set up (only goes one way, anything new created on my gmail account, will sync back to my BlackBerry)

Is this possible??

Thanks
    12-07-12 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD