I've made a new thread only because this one is somewhat difficult to explain.

So I have an end user that is new to the company. He brought his old Blackberry with him and wants his contacts transferred to the new BB we will be providing and ultimately sync with Exchange. Now, if I turn off syncing contacts with the BES (on the device) I can transfer the contacts to the new BB using Desktop Manager. But it's been my experience in the past that once I turn syncing back on it will create a second Desktop profile on the BB and that will actually be the one that syncs with exchange, not the contact list I transferred from his old device.

Is there a clean way to do this?
    08-11-11 10:21 AM
    Are both of his BBs going to be on BES?
    08-11-11 10:35 AM
    No, the old one is gone. There's just going to be the one device that needs to sync with Exchange/Outlook.
    08-11-11 10:46 AM
    Every phone I've setup in BES haven't had the issue you describe. Some have been new with nothing on them, others as you describe, already having contacts and calendar. You may end up with some dupes but those can easily be handled from the Outlook side.
    08-11-11 10:49 AM
    Could you set up a quick Outlook profile for him to sync to. You can then export his contacts. Set up his new BB like normal. After that is working fine, import the contacts into Outlook per normal. They should get synced over.
    HOVLane likes this.
    08-11-11 11:24 AM
    Could you set up a quick Outlook profile for him to sync to. You can then export his contacts. Set up his new BB like normal. After that is working fine, import the contacts into Outlook per normal. They should get synced over.
    Oh, very good idea. Thanks!
    08-11-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD