Hi all,
    I have been using the Google Sync App for months to sync my Calendar and Contacts together. But today I noticed that there are two Syncronization options in the 'Setup' application of my BB that allow me to check a box if I want to syncronize my Email's Contacts and Calendar.
    Will this do the same thing as Google Sync? I'd like to be as efficient as possible and delete the apps I don't even need.

Thanks!
    ~Tyler
    06-08-11 12:51 AM
    Hi all,
    I have been using the Google Sync App for months to sync my Calendar and Contacts together. But today I noticed that there are two Syncronization options in the 'Setup' application of my BB that allow me to check a box if I want to syncronize my Email's Contacts and Calendar.
    Will this do the same thing as Google Sync? I'd like to be as efficient as possible and delete the apps I don't even need.

Thanks!
    ~Tyler
    Delete the Google Sync App and use the native Google calendar app. It works very well. The Google Syn App is a little glitchy.
    06-08-11 02:06 AM
    Delete the Google Sync App and use the native Google calendar app. It works very well. The Google Syn App is a little glitchy.
    I've had the opposite experience. I've been using google sync for my calendar for a while and its working well. I tried the BIS sync for contacts and it never synced from gmail to my BB. Set up my contacts on Gsync and working well. I'm sticking with Gsync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 04:44 AM
    I've had the opposite experience. I've been using google sync for my calendar for a while and its working well. I tried the BIS sync for contacts and it never synced from gmail to my BB. Set up my contacts on Gsync and working well. I'm sticking with Gsync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here. The BIS sync didn't work well so I stick to Google Sync.
    06-08-11 08:03 AM
    Same here. GSync is way better. Way. Better.
    06-08-11 11:49 AM
    In my experience, the exact opposite is true. Google Sync app works perfectly, native BIS app fails to sync calendar, and blows up the contacts list. Had one contact listed 767 times, and another one 551 times.

GSync ftw!!!
    06-08-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD