So with the demise of the Google Sync app - has anyone found a way to sync multiple Google calendars? I'm pretty pissed - I had 4 delegate calendars that used to sync without a hitch using the Google Sync app, but now that it's peaced out I have no clue what to do. Thankfully BB10 will support CalDAV and make life easier.

Any suggestions?
    01-04-13 08:30 AM
    Like with PlayBook, when you add an email to your accounts, it syncs the calendar as well. You can do the same with the phones. Just go into your email, and add your second account (the one with the second google calendar on)
    01-04-13 08:33 AM
    Like with PlayBook, when you add an email to your accounts, it syncs the calendar as well. You can do the same with the phones. Just go into your email, and add your second account (the one with the second google calendar on)
    I have 4 calendars attached to my main Gmail account - BIS sync only pulls in the main one, not the delegates.
    01-04-13 08:54 AM
    I have 4 calendars attached to my main Gmail account - BIS sync only pulls in the main one, not the delegates.
    I'm in the same situation. Recently I've been forced to use the web G-cal, and have reminders emailed. Inconvenient. I'm hoping BB 10 can make it possible to sync multiple calendars from the same Google account.

I'm planning to experiment with multiple calendars via CalDAV -- once I get my Playbook back (carelessly left it in another city...).
    01-04-13 10:00 AM
    What I'm doing to get through the next 45 days or so is a crude workaround. Annoying, but until CalDAV is supported it will do. It's annoying and a PITA, but it works...

I'm creating duplicate events...one on the sub calendar (the one I actually want to see) and then the copy goes to the main calendar. I think there's even an option to "copy to my calendar" and then it brings you to a screen to save it. On the web I just hide the personal/main calendar so that I don't have a screen filled with events.

This works for me since I use the web cal a lot, so I can create the dupes and then hide them. Or if I create something on my BlackBerry, I'll copy it over to the calendar where it should be.

Bring on BlackBerry 10...
    01-04-13 11:17 AM
    If Crackbery Adam doesn't have a solution for this issue then it must mean we have to wait until BB10 is out to have this functionality. Jan 30 can't come any sooner.
    Adam Zeis likes this.
    01-04-13 11:21 AM
    Best I could come up with is creating an individual Google account for each calendar. Install all accounts onto BB7. Sync the calendars with BB calendar. Hide the email icons (except for my primary Google account) into a catch-all apps folder. At least the BB Calendar app can show all of the calendars with events in different colours (spelled for our Canadian friends...) ;-)
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-04-13 06:12 PM
    I have BB-Torch 9800 with Google Sync problem. Having unsuccessfully tried crackberry tips (which seems to work for others), it does not seem to work for my case. I updated the operating system, re-installed google sync from dropbox, log-out and login etc.. According to Google sync debug file, connection exception 404 (I guess file not found?) I'm desperate after spending many hours on this. I have the debug file and I can forward if anyone can help.
    Last edited by White_MulBerry; 01-16-13 at 02:10 AM.
    01-16-13 12:50 AM
    Is the google calandar sync an option in BB10 for sure, or is this just a hunch? Especially syncing my shared calendars would be nice.

Also, BB10 will run on my bold 9900? Or is it just for playbook?
    01-16-13 02:50 AM
    I have BB-Torch 9800 with Google Sync problem. Having unsuccessfully tried crackberry tips (which seems to work for others), it does not seem to work for my case. I updated the operating system, re-installed google sync from dropbox, log-out and login etc.. According to Google sync debug file, connection exception 404 (I guess file not found?) I'm desperate after spending many hours on this. I have the debug file and I can forward if anyone can help.
    I had exactly the same thing yesterday, and then found out that Google Sync is no longer supported. Although they say it should be working for existing users, it doesn't. Maybe because of the OS update, because I think my sync stopped working after this as well.
    01-16-13 02:52 AM
    By the way, my "normal" sync doesn't seem to work either. Not even the main calendar in my account. I followed the steps to enable syncing in my e-mail settings, but nothing seems to happen. Is there somewhere a "sync now" option I can use?
    01-16-13 02:53 AM
    Gahhhhhhhh! My life depends on my mutiple calendars! I needs this functionality back and I should not have to buy a new phone to get it!
    01-31-13 08:46 AM
    By the way, my "normal" sync doesn't seem to work either. Not even the main calendar in my account. I followed the steps to enable syncing in my e-mail settings, but nothing seems to happen. Is there somewhere a "sync now" option I can use?
    Rolandow, I just saw your question. If you have not already find out the answer, try the following for "sync now".

At your BB-Torch 9800, open calendar,
    press menu key,
    select Google Sync,
    press menu key, (again)
    select "Sync Now".

Sync will probably fail for your contacts; however, it may work for sync of your calendar.
    Let me know the outcome.
    01-31-13 01:57 PM
    Thank you for your answer. The "sync now" function failed every time. That's when I decided to uninstall it, and maybe re-install it. And then I discovered that Google Sync was discontinued :-(. So now I'm stuck with my native blackberry sync.

Meanwhile, this sync seems to work, but it only sync's my main calendar of my own account. I still can't sync my shared calendars. I wouldn't say my life depends on it, but i certainly used it a lot (shared birthday calendar, working scheme, etc). I can't believe that this feature isn't working on the blackberry, or a new solution hasn't been released yet.

I thought BB10 would be the solution, but now I understand that BB10 will only run on new blackberry devices? I guess I have to switch back to android when my contract ends.. :-(
    02-01-13 02:10 AM
    I was disappointed when Google Sync disappeared in December.
    I moved over to a single calendar using the BIS system but now I think that that has gone down too !!
    Is anyone else having problems or is it just me?

Andy
    02-02-13 06:51 PM