I've tried searching the forums, but all I have found is ways to do it with google sync and other posts (mostly a year or more old) with dead links that supposedly at one time linked to a how to guide.

So is there any way to sync contacts and calendar with Thunderbird/Lightning without having to go through Google Sync?
    08-07-10 08:17 PM
    Hi bphui

Did you get any answer on the sync with Thunderbird?

This has been something that I have also been struggling to get an answer on.

Hopefully you can let me know if you had any joy?

Thanks

Matt
    08-09-10 09:22 AM
    Unfortunately, no. I haven't found an answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 10:08 AM
    You can't but it works pretty well with google synch. You can import your google callendar into Thunderbird directly so there's no synch between tbird and google and you can install zindus to sunch contacts.

08-09-10 10:37 AM
    My issue with google sync is that it deletes my old appointments and often renames several of my contacts (I.e. A firm name Smith & Jones will get renamed Jones, Smith &), as well as creating duplicate appointments and contacts

08-09-10 11:30 AM
    My issue with google sync is that it deletes my old appointments and often renames several of my contacts (I.e. A firm name Smith & Jones will get renamed Jones, Smith &), as well as creating duplicate appointments and contacts

If you go to gmail on your computer there's a feature in contacts that eliminates duplicated.

08-09-10 01:30 PM
    If you go to gmail on your computer there's a feature in contacts that eliminates duplicated.

I have found it mediocre at best in doing that correctly. Plus it doesn't solve the problem of renaming my contacts or deleting my old calendar appointments

08-09-10 05:01 PM
    Nothing on this? I cant believe there isnt something available for this??
    08-20-10 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD