Anyone have problems with BB desktop manager? When I try to sync my Pearl with my yahoo i get a sync error message. Should I uninstall the desktop software and re-install?
    04-21-08 06:36 AM
    Yeah I would go that route first. Make sure you have the most updated desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-08 06:41 AM
    Didn't work!!!
    04-21-08 04:35 PM
    Okay I give up!!! every time I try to sync i get an error code; 0x83e90006 check documentation.
    can anyone help?
    04-21-08 05:29 PM
    I am having the same problem as well as a number of people on the Pinstack Forums. Nothing we can do makes any difference. Did all of the reinstalling, etc and still doesn't work.
    04-21-08 09:10 PM
    I just started getting that same error message. I'm running DM 4.3 Verizon. I was going to try pushing my service books back to my BB to see if that makes a difference. If not, then I guess I'll just wait for the next DM release or a patch.
    04-21-08 10:24 PM
    I've been in No-Sync h*ll for about four days now . I've Google-d till I was blue in the face, but no avail. All I've found is that there's a ton of us out there with this problem, and no one seems able to fix it . I haven't a clue what to do now!

~Sheri
    04-22-08 09:05 AM
    Geeze.... Just started getting the same error. I was searching this topic for help while re-installing the software. Guess i'll take it out and just toss it out the window...

Anybody figure it out yet???????
    04-22-08 09:11 AM
    Last night I went into the manager and configured the sync for one at a time. The only one that worked was my contacts. Calendar does not sync and does not pop an error msg. Notepad and Tasks don't sync and just stop running.

04-22-08 09:44 AM
    For now I just go to the yahoo site the old fasioned way! LOL!

04-22-08 09:45 AM
    I can't believe it, but I actually fixed the d*mn thing! I uninstalled the 4.3 DM (the one where I kept getting the 1904 erorr, which in turn prevents the sync), and tried an older version (4.2 sp2 without Media Manager, English) and my sync now works!!!!! Hope this maybe helps some others, because I know how crazy I've been going over this!

~Sheri
    04-22-08 12:13 PM
    I can't believe it, but I actually fixed the d*mn thing! I uninstalled the 4.3 DM (the one where I kept getting the 1904 erorr, which in turn prevents the sync), and tried an older version (4.2 sp2 without Media Manager, English) and my sync now works!!!!! Hope this maybe helps some others, because I know how crazy I've been going over this!

~Sheri
    Cool, I am going to try it. I thought about that briefly but when I reinstalled I used the 4.3 version.

Thanks Sheri!
    04-22-08 02:34 PM
    I, too, have been having sync problems for the last 2 days, and am suprised I have any hair left! I called Verizon Wireless today and they indicated it was a Yahoo! update problem and that Blackberry and Yahoo! were trying to work on it. In the meantime, I followed Sheri's suggestion and uninstalled Desktop Manager (complete install) and installed v4.2 sp2 and it worked! Thanks for the suggestion.
    04-22-08 02:36 PM
    I'm SO happy this is working for you guys!! I can't tell you all the sleep I've lost over this issue! It also seemed too much of a coincidence that all of a sudden we were all having this problem, so I'm relieved to hear Verizon & Yahoo are working on it!! Have a great evening everyone
    ~Sheri

04-22-08 03:26 PM
    I'm SO happy this is working for you guys!! I can't tell you all the sleep I've lost over this issue! It also seemed too much of a coincidence that all of a sudden we were all having this problem, so I'm relieved to hear Verizon & Yahoo are working on it!! Have a great evening everyone
    ~Sheri

Thanks Sheri! I'm gonna try this tonight.
    Last edited by Bad Machine; 04-22-08 at 04:00 PM.
    04-22-08 03:53 PM
    Thank you for the information. I'm not very sauvy at this and am worried I will wipe something out permanently by removing and reinstalling something else??? Thought? Can I get a quite step by step on how/which to remove, and where do I get the other to re-install? Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks for the help. T
    04-22-08 05:40 PM
    It worked! Way to go Sheri!!!
    04-22-08 05:40 PM
    Thank you for the information. I'm not very sauvy at this and am worried I will wipe something out permanently by removing and reinstalling something else??? Thought? Can I get a quite step by step on how/which to remove, and where do I get the other to re-install? Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks for the help. T
    This is what I did - went into my Add/Remove programs and removed DM 4.3. Then went to the BB website and then to Downloads, and then picked Desktop Manager 4.2 Special Pak 2 without Media Manager (English), and downloaded that.

I'm not sure about what is/is not removed, but I didn't lose anything. It's probably best to do a quick backup if you're still able to (I was able to on 4.3 even though my Sync didn't work), but once I synced up with the 4.2 everything was still there.

Hope that helps - good luck!

~Sheri
    04-22-08 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD