After four days talking with tech support, I was finally informed that the BB software is not compatible with Office 2000/Outlook. I ordered the new Outlook 2007 which is supposed to be compatible with the BB software. In the meantime I tried to do a oneway download of my contacts using the ASCII utility in the BB desktop software. Only the names came over. No email addresses or phone numbers. Any ideas?

Ohio-mitch
    01-01-09 03:18 PM
    Which version of the BB Software are you using? - and which version is your BlackBerry?

PS - if you're interested in wireless sync, let me know...
    01-01-09 03:19 PM
    DM 4.2 can sync to Outlook 2000 if you want to do that while you are waiting for 2007 to arrive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 03:42 PM
    Sync Outlook with Lightning & Thunderbird. Then sync TB with GMail and Google Agenda. And then sync your BB with Google Sync.
    Wish there was an easier way to it but it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 04:53 PM
    or.......do it directly with us =)
    01-01-09 04:55 PM
    or.......do it directly with us =)
    I see you offer a 2 GB mailbox for $4/month, but how much are you charging for BES?
    01-01-09 05:56 PM
    You can download a trial version of 2007 directly from Microsoft while you wait to purchase. Also, to cure your ASCII sync issues first sync from bb to your PC. This will create a .csv file. Now do a .csv export from Outlook to your PC. Now just cut and past the data from your Outlook created .csv into the bb created file without changing any of the field names in the bb version. Seems the bb is picky about the field names and order and I've found this way works.
    01-02-09 07:48 AM
    You can download a trial version of 2007 directly from Microsoft while you wait to purchase.
    Bingo! All MSFT apps are available for 60-day trials. Then when you get your license, just type it in to authorize.
    01-02-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD