Hi thinking of moving from Z10 to Detek60, currently use Outlook for everything calendar contacts etc. I understand that android does not sync with Outlook is there a work around, tks

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 11:37 AM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry. What version of Outlook are you using?
    10-29-16 12:36 PM
    Outlook 2010, running on Windows 7,

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 01:17 PM
    If you install the Outlook app for Android, they all sync just fine. My calendar, contacts, and emails, all sync to my device. I get my email notifications from the Outlook app. Contacts and Calendars just need to be enabled via settings in your preferred calendar app (I personally just use the Google Calendar app, which supports other calendars sync'd to your device).
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    10-29-16 01:38 PM
    Tks

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 02:17 PM
    Buy a Passport?

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    10-29-16 02:23 PM
    If you install the Outlook app for Android, they all sync just fine. My calendar, contacts, and emails, all sync to my device. I get my email notifications from the Outlook app. Contacts and Calendars just need to be enabled via settings in your preferred calendar app (I personally just use the Google Calendar app, which supports other calendars sync'd to your device).
    I think what he wants to do is sync between Outlook 2010 on the desktop and the device. You're suggesting he use the Outlook app on the phone to sync with the mail server via Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync.

Chances are of he's using Outlook 2010 on the desktop without a server that supports mobile device syncing, he's using a POP or IMAP email service.
    10-29-16 03:48 PM
    I think what he wants to do is sync between Outlook 2010 on the desktop and the device. You're suggesting he use the Outlook app on the phone to sync with the mail server via Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync.

Chances are of he's using Outlook 2010 on the desktop without a server that supports mobile device syncing, he's using a POP or IMAP email service.
    The opposite actually. If he's using an Exchange/Activesync solution, there's no need to install the Outlook app. You can sync email/contacts/calendar via exchange/activesync without the need for the app. I was giving him the consumer non-Exchange solution.
    10-29-16 05:20 PM
    Ok, so if he's using Outlook 2010 on the desktop without a live server connection (such as POP or IMAP) and his calendar/contact data is stored in Outlook's PST file, how does he sync that to the device?
    10-29-16 05:25 PM
    Hi I have both a POP/IMAP accounts, one for work & personal using desktop.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 06:09 PM
    Hi I have both a POP/IMAP accounts, one for work & personal using desktop.

Posted via CB10
    Are you using Link to sync to the Z10 now?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 07:09 PM
    You are going to be disappointed. There is no equivalent to BBlink on the Android side.
    10-29-16 07:33 PM
    You are going to be disappointed. There is no equivalent to BBlink on the Android side.
    But teh android is teh bestest!
    10-29-16 08:01 PM
    Yes I still BlackBerry Link, I understand that the link is no longer supported, but I can still sync with Outlook?? Tks

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 01:08 PM
    Yes I still BlackBerry Link, I understand that the link is no longer supported, but I can still sync with Outlook?? Tks

Posted via CB10
    Yes there are a few third party apps available for this. They will cost you (at least $50 from what I've seen) and whether or not they will sync with BlackBerry Hub, contacts, and calendar directly is somewhat less clear. From what I can tell based on a cursory look...they sync to the Google versions of these apps and therefore to your Google account...and hence indirectly to the BlackBerry versions. So it's much different than Link where the sync occurred precisely between your PC and your device.
    10-30-16 04:01 PM
    You can try using AkrutoSync ($35 or $3/mo). It works with everything from Outlook including notes and should sync data with native calendar and contacts apps.
    10-31-16 12:14 PM
    Weird, I just got a thread reply notification about an application that does the syncing, but the post isn't here...
    10-31-16 12:39 PM
    Thanks for the vital information Sir.
    10-31-16 01:42 PM
    Thanks for the vital information Sir.
    This isn't the solution.
    10-31-16 01:43 PM
    This isn't the solution.
    Sure it is. Outlook 2010 was updated to accommodate syncing calendar and contacts beyond the deprecated scope of being local only. It's leveraged the use of cloud syncing. Unless you're using an email/host-provider using an extremely outdated version of email/calendar/contacts syncing, then it's time to rethink your provider. But the number of those providers are so rare now, it's negligible.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    10-31-16 05:10 PM
    Sure it is. Outlook 2010 was updated to accommodate syncing calendar and contacts beyond the deprecated scope of being local only. It's leveraged the use of cloud syncing. Unless you're using an email/host-provider using an extremely outdated version of email/calendar/contacts syncing, then it's time to rethink your provider. But the number of those providers are so rare now, it's negligible.
    The OP already stated he's using POP and IMAP. Sticking the Outlook app on his phone won't help him sync his stuff.
    10-31-16 05:21 PM
    The OP already stated he's using POP and IMAP. Sticking the Outlook app on his phone won't help him sync his stuff.
    Huh? POP and IMAP are two types of Email Delivery systems, not syncing systems. IMAP has been updated to IMAP IDLE which accomplishes the same results as push methods like Exchange. POP3, while slower, still has sync capabilities, it's just not real-time (at worst it's a 15 minute delay with POP3 accounts). POP and IMAP aren't "only one client can sync" protocols. Every device that has a client configured to the email account can sync it.

But even that's moot. The OP wasn't talking about email sync. He was talking about calendar and contacts syncing. Outlook leverages encrypted syncing of calendar events and contacts. As long as you're not trying to leverage the other Office products like Word, Excel, etc.. it costs nothing.
    10-31-16 05:33 PM
    But even that's moot. The OP wasn't talking about email sync. He was talking about calendar and contacts syncing. Outlook leverages encrypted syncing of calendar events and contacts. As long as you're not trying to leverage the other Office products like Word, Excel, etc.. it costs nothing.
    Since when did he say he's using the Outlook.com service?

He's using Outlook on the desktop to work with POP and IMAP accounts. Neither POP nor IMAP handle contacts and calendar themselves, so it's reasonably safe to assume they're local.

He wants local Outlook desktop sync to mobile. No Outlook.com account mentioned.
    10-31-16 05:37 PM