I'm a little bit OCD about my mobile being in perfect sync with my computer... I currently have an iPhone (and a Mac) and I love the way my address book, calendar, and email accounts (Gmail and university account) stay in perfect 2-way sync. I'm thinking of switching to a BB, but the lack of Mac and GMail IMAP support has me worried... is it possible to keep a Mac and BB in sync? I've been looking into google sync for the contacts and calendars and it seems like it will work, but what about GMail? I'm most concerned about read status and outgoing messages, I really want those to be in sync. Is that possible on a BB? Can anyone with similar sync OCD comment?
    06-25-09 11:13 AM
    I do know Gmail IMAP works and sync the email fine, mine does. On the calendar, I don't know.
    06-25-09 11:14 AM
    I do know Gmail IMAP works and sync the email fine, mine does. On the calendar, I don't know.
    Really? So when you read an email on your computer it's marked as read on your BB and vice versa? cause I heard that that didn't work...
    06-25-09 12:40 PM
    I haven't seen an issue where it isn't, but I haven't tried ALL the scenarios as when I have a BB, I don't use the email on the pc unless I need attach things or open stuff that the BB can't handle. But from what I have seen, it is in sync.
    06-25-09 02:23 PM
    If it doesn't sync correctly right away then you can just hit refresh and it will sync right to whatever the last thing on your computer was. However that only works for read or unread mail. If you delete something on your bb its gone. If you delete it on your computer you may need to do a refresh if it doesn't do it on its own. I use Gmail IMAP on mine for school, I haven't had any serious problems with it all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD