I'm looking for the best approach to sync multiple business and personal PCs with my BES-enabled Blackberry...without messing anything up!

Currently my BB uses BES to talk to our Microsoft Exchange/Outlook infrastructure at work. Everything stays in sync just great, no cable or Bluetooth connection needed to my work PC.

But I'd also like to sync my BB to the Outlook instances on my personal laptop and desktop computers which have no access to my work VPN and so would have to talk to the BB via either USB or BT, right?

Whata's the the best approach to doing this in a way that I won't kill my BES connection while trying to set up a partnership between my personal machines and the BB?

Any "gotchas" to avoid?
    06-13-09 01:22 PM
    Are you looking to set up personal email only or do you want to synch your personal calendar, tasks, etc. too? You can set up your personal email via BIS right from you BB. Not sure how you set up outlook with a personal computer with BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 01:48 PM
    I'm looking to sync Outlook contacts and calendar--- got email under control.
    06-13-09 02:57 PM
    Can't be done. After activating enterprise service(BES) you can not sync with outlook on your pc whenever you plug into your pc. You can delete a service book and then it will allow you to sync using DM, but then you loose BES until you reconnect it to the BES server at work.

And before it's questioned about what do I know about BES when I have an iPhone, I had a BB Curve and Storm both of which I used on a BES at work.
    06-13-09 03:24 PM
    More than likely, since you have BES wirelessly syncing your contacts and calendar, you won't be able to sync them to another computer via bluetooth or cable.

I am not sure if it was an IT policy from my company or a limitation of blackberry, but when I first got on our BES, I tried to sync with my home computer and got an error about PIM data being synced wirelessly couldn't be synced with a wire.

I did however work around it by changing the sync wirelessly option to no, and then syncing with the computer. A little bit burdensome, but if you really want to make it work, it's not that bad.
    06-13-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD