Is there any way to sync my gmail contacts with my blackberry directly? By directly, I do not mean via Outlook :-)

I know that google sync exists for OTA contact synchronization but I do not have a data plan that will allow this. I don't mind connecting my phone and laptop every now and then to sync, but it seems that nothing out there will do it...

Any suggestions?
    10-30-09 12:04 PM
    Yes... and no.

I see you're on a Pearl. I believe only devices running OS 5.0 and higher have the ability through a BIS setting to sync gmail contacts. This is a very recent thing, but I'm almost certain you need 5.0 (which I don't believe will be released for Pearl).
    11-08-09 05:15 PM
    m.google.com/sync

that's how i sync my contacts... and calendar too (if you have one)
    11-08-09 05:16 PM
    I have never been able to logon gmail successfully. everything else works, but gmail app does not accept my logon and password. All works ok online.
    I have successfully logged on google maps. So I DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON.
    11-08-09 05:41 PM
    m.google.com/sync

that's how i sync my contacts... and calendar too (if you have one)
    This works like a charm, highly recommend Google Sync.
    11-08-09 06:21 PM
    You guys are suggesting solutions that won't work without a data plan.
    11-08-09 06:40 PM
    no data plan but they have wifi
    11-08-09 06:55 PM
    I just use ZBook, Its my backup application! ZBook provides effortless over the air backup and sync of your phonebook contacts including names, phone numbers, email addresses, pictures, and addresses. Its easy to update/add/change any of the information from your PC and sync it to your phone. You also dont need to worry about cables or being in bluetooth range as you can push right from your phone.

Mike
    11-09-09 08:48 AM
    I don't know of anything except Outlook (unless you can find a way to do it with Thunderbird which would be about the same thing) without wifi or a data plan.
    11-09-09 08:51 AM
    no data plan but they have wifi
    right, but Google Sync doesn't work on wifi, only OTA.

ZBook also, looks like it is OTA. Looks like we're out of luck :-( There's no solution for us wifi-only folks.
    11-09-09 09:30 PM
    Yay, someone has answered my prayers
    11-09-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD