I know this might be a stretch but here goes....my wife is on a prepaid plan because she doesn't use her phone (Nokia) a whole lot. I have my 9800 on a plan and was thinking of getting a used BB and putting it on her plan. Would we be able to sync the two calendars between the phones through wifi or the computer at home to keep track of appointments etc? Her prepay is one of the old plans where there is no time limit for using up what you have paid for so I don't really want to get rid of that and put her on a phone/data plan. Thanks in advance.
    03-21-12 01:02 PM
    Are you keeping you calendar on the computer at all? Outlook? Gmail? Yahoo?

If not I would suggest you setup a Gmail account.

Then on your 9800 setup that Gmail account and set it to sync your calendar and if you want your contacts.

Once this is done and both the 9800 and Gmail are clean and are the way you want it go ahead and setup the same Gmail account on the other BB. Do the same thing and configure it to sync your calendar. Once this is complete both devices and Gmail should all be in sync.

One thing I would do before setting up the 2nd BB is going into Gmail -> Settings and export your calendar. This way if something goes wrong you have a backup.

I've never tried this but in theory it should work. Also, both phones need to have a BB data plan with BIS
    03-21-12 02:42 PM
    +1. My wife and I share a Google calendar and I have it so it syncs across all devices (her iPhone and my BB). Works like a champ - I use the Google sync app.
    03-21-12 02:50 PM
    My family of 4 all have BB's and we set up a family BBM Group. We put all the family events on the group calendar and it sync's through the beautiful functionality of BBM.

I can also 'page' everyone to come for dinner at the same time!
    03-21-12 03:21 PM
    His wife does not have a data plan so Gmail is no good, BBM Groups would've been much better anyway. You can sync both Blackberry's to a PC Outlook calendar using Desktop Manager.
    03-21-12 03:23 PM
    +1. My wife and I share a Google calendar and I have it so it syncs across all devices (her iPhone and my BB). Works like a champ - I use the Google sync app.
    His wife does not have a data plan so Gmail is no good, BBM Groups would've been much better anyway. You can sync both Blackberry's to a PC Outlook calendar using Desktop Manager.
    I think if you use the Google sync app that you download and install you don't need a data plan. I however have tried this a few times and always had problems. Maybe because I was also using DM with Outlook.

The sync option I was referring to is the one within the BIS when you setup an account and go to Synchronization Options.
    03-21-12 04:02 PM
    Thanks for all the replys. You are a helpful bunch. I did set up a Google account prior to checking back here and downloaded and installed Google Sync on my phone. For some reason I'm having trouble getting my phone to sign in on Google. I had my permissions set pretty strict on the app and changed most of them to allow or prompt so I don't think that is the problem. From the calendar site I sent a confirmation text to my phone so I know that part is OK. Maybe it just needs some time to get into the system or something. Too bad I would need a second data plan to use BBM.
    Last edited by 530XI; 03-21-12 at 05:23 PM.
    03-21-12 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD