Any chance BB will get the Swype keyboard? I had it when I used the Nexus 5 and loved it. Very fast and very, very accurate. Any info. would be appreciated. No luck in BB World.
    09-17-14 10:30 PM
    Swype keyboard is the heart of the BlackBerry keyboard. I don't think it will ever come. Besides, BlackBerry keyboard is the unique features of BlackBerry 10. Once used to it you will love it

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    09-17-14 10:38 PM
    Swype keyboard is the heart of the BlackBerry keyboard. I don't think it will ever come. Besides, BlackBerry keyboard is the unique features of BlackBerry 10. Once used to it you will love it

Posted via CB10
    I do like the BB keyboard. I use a Z30, but, the swype keyboard is even better in my opinion. It's a lot faster, very productive too. It's very fast and very accurate.
    Tabdus likes this.
    09-17-14 10:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think you mean SwiftKey, not swype. While SwiftKey had that feature it's also a standalone keyboard that I think the OP is referring to.
    09-17-14 10:59 PM
    Swype keyboard is the heart of the BlackBerry keyboard.
    SwiftKey, not Swype.
    09-17-14 11:01 PM
    Any chance BB will get the Swype keyboard? I had it when I used the Nexus 5 and loved it. Very fast and very, very accurate. Any info. would be appreciated. No luck in BB World.
    Everyone I know who uses swype has a ton of typos in their texts to me... Not sure if that's just them not knowing how to type and spell or the keyboard though...
    09-17-14 11:18 PM
    I love Swype. It allowed me to brave the virtual keyboard world LOL.
    09-17-14 11:30 PM
    Swype, Swiftkey, SlideIT... all good variations from Andy ^^

I use Android L keyboard on my tablet... it's my fav

when I sit down to use it, after pecking away for a few words - I go doh!! and get back to real typing =)

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    09-18-14 12:50 AM
    Swype, Swiftkey, SlideIT... all good variations from Andy ^^

I use Android L keyboard on my tablet... it's my fav

when I sit down to use it, after pecking away for a few words - I go doh!! and get back to real typing =)

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    I have heard great things about the L keyboard. I might have to give it a try.

Swype had spoiled me though LOL
    09-18-14 12:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    As others have pointed out it is swiftkey not swype and only the prediction engine that is used. Swiftkey also licenses the same functionality to Samsung for the keyboards in their galaxy line the difference being Samsung also licenses swiftkey's swipe functionally called flow as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    09-18-14 07:04 AM
    As others have pointed out it is swiftkey not swype and only the prediction engine that is used. Swiftkey also licenses the same functionality to Samsung for the keyboards in their galaxy line the difference being Samsung also licenses swiftkey's swipe functionally called flow as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Guess the question is since BB licenses SwiftKey for its own keyboard implementation whether the Flow function will ever make it into a future version. Would have been nice for 10.3.
    09-18-14 07:22 AM
    Since yesterday and ios 8 BB is now the only platform that doesn't allow for swiping... Of course the BB keyboard is not bad, but swiping works even better imho. So it's about time I think. By the way I'm typing this on an iPad with Swype activated, and it works great!
    Nathan Paradon likes this.
    09-18-14 02:02 PM
    Since yesterday and ios 8 BB is now the only platform that doesn't allow for swiping... Of course the BB keyboard is not bad, but swiping works even better imho. So it's about time I think. By the way I'm typing this on an iPad with Swype activated, and it works great!
    Very well said!
    Nathan Paradon likes this.
    09-18-14 02:10 PM
    Personally, I prefer the bb flick over Swype . I'm having to Swype this on my droid due to a z30 mishap and I'm hating it. I'm much faster with the flick method with a lot fewer mistakes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-14 08:53 PM
    Personally, I prefer the bb flick over Swype . I'm having to Swype this on my droid due to a z30 mishap and I'm hating it. I'm much faster with the flick method with a lot fewer mistakes.

I feel the same. Went to the moto x and missed the bb10 keyboard.
    Use SwiftKey and turn off flow. The experience is a lot better then. Plus you can swipe left to delete and up for shift.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-19-14 10:35 AM
    I feel the same. Went to the moto x and missed the bb10 keyboard.
    Use SwiftKey and turn off flow. The experience is a lot better then. Plus you can swipe left to delete and up for shift.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I went and got SwiftKey for this phone before I read your response. I like it much better than Swype. I still hate using this droid but this makes it much more tolerable. Hopefully my replacement z30 will be here soon. Bb10 absolutely converted me. Nothing but android before this year and I hope I never have to buy another one.

09-19-14 10:42 AM
    Personally, I HATE the BlackBerry Keyboard. I also has an Android phone and Swype the best thing ever!! As much as I like my Z10 it's the keyboard that makes me want to leave BB.

It's not that great. The predictive text is ok at best... I have to type almost the whole word sometimes, or it shows in the space bar, not where I'm typing. it's like playing a game, trying to spot where my word might come up. And making sure it is predicting the right ending of the word before I select it.

With Swype it just gives me exactly what I'm asking for, every time. Because the Swype gestures are fast and unique it's extremely accurate. Also, I'm a one hand typer which slows the BlackBerry Keyboard even more. With Swype I could type with one thumb, not even looking at my phone, at an extremely fast rate, and make few errors. Can't do that with any other touch screen keyboard.

If BlackBerry could get Swype, this would be the perfect phone. Almost two years with my Z10 and i still hate this keyboard....

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 01:28 PM
    Swype is crap, we are better off without bloaty keyboards.

 Z10
    02-01-15 03:38 PM
    Personally, I HATE the BlackBerry Keyboard. I also has an Android phone and Swype the best thing ever!! As much as I like my Z10 it's the keyboard that makes me want to leave BB.

It's not that great. The predictive text is ok at best... I have to type almost the whole word sometimes, or it shows in the space bar, not where I'm typing. it's like playing a game, trying to spot where my word might come up. And making sure it is predicting the right ending of the word before I select it.

With Swype it just gives me exactly what I'm asking for, every time. Because the Swype gestures are fast and unique it's extremely accurate. Also, I'm a one hand typer which slows the BlackBerry Keyboard even more. With Swype I could type with one thumb, not even looking at my phone, at an extremely fast rate, and make few errors. Can't do that with any other touch screen keyboard.

If BlackBerry could get Swype, this would be the perfect phone. Almost two years with my Z10 and i still hate this keyboard....
    I like swype as well and would love for it to be an option on my z10. Or at least have BlackBerry make a secondary keyboard that works exactly as Swype.

And yes the prediction has sucked ever since they released 10.2.1. Before that, they were the best

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 03:44 PM
    I'm currently using SwiftKey and I can't stand it. I still reach for the gfs Z10 when writting a measage
    02-01-15 08:05 PM
    Guess the question is since BB licenses SwiftKey for its own keyboard implementation whether the Flow function will ever make it into a future version. Would have been nice for 10.3.
    I'd like to see it. The AI for Flow is similar to what the BB10 keyboard uses, allowing the user to type fast without stressing about accuracy.

Flow would tempt me back to an all-touch BlackBerry, and it's something I miss from Android.

On Android I preferred Swype to SwiftKey Flow, mainly for some minor features, such as ease of changing the capitalization of a word.

If I must thumb-type, I want a physical keyboard, but I'm faster on Swype, and equally accurate.
    02-01-15 08:27 PM
    I am using Swype for my Android years. Its very accurate. I am single hand use, mostly use swype while I am driving in traffic jam with single hand. Even, I can write precisely without seeing touchscreen. Only one seeing and accurately writing.

And then I am using Z10, its compact size I could use with my single hand. But lack of Swype function. Blackberry in-built Keyboard was blazing fast, but it is for TWO HANDS use and you have to watch every single shot/secon to see what its pop-up show. That's not good for my daily behaviour.

Come on Blackberry dont be shy. Follow Microsoft.. I am using Lumia also and Microsoft latest Cyan/Denim software include the "Swype" like keyboard. But, still English language supported.
    02-13-15 10:02 PM