Is there a way to get a BB (bold 9900 for instance) to switch the wifi AP based on signal strength? With a app or something?

I have a big property and a ddwrt'd router to extend my wifi range, basically I have 2 wifi routers with 2 different ssid's. I want the phone to switch to the router with the stronger signal as I HAVE to use UMA at home due to bad wireless coverage.

I know walking into a dead zone will drop the call and perhaps not switch routers fast enough but it would be nice to get the phone to switch to the stronger signal as I move around the property.

I looked into some wifi managers but they dont really switch between ssid's. They turn wifi on/off based on cell tower location.
    12-08-11 02:32 AM
    Any reason to use different ssid?

In my house I have 3 AP, all with the same ssid, allow inter-access point handover and it should even switch automatically without worries to the strongest signal.
    12-08-11 06:08 PM
    Any reason to use different ssid?

In my house I have 3 AP, all with the same ssid, allow inter-access point handover and it should even switch automatically without worries to the strongest signal.
    Hi

I didnt know it would work because with ddwrt my second router is on a different subnet, wasnt sure if it would interfere. My main router is 192.168.0.1 and my second router is 192.168.1.0

I am no expert, just smart enough to figure out how to ddwrt and setup a few things.

And the other idea behind 2 SSID's was to know its switching.

So if I check off the inter-access hand over will it switch AP even if both are in range? I am skeptical of this :S
    12-08-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD