Hi,

I'm trying to switch to a higher-volume SD card on my Curve 8530, but to do this, I'll have to take out the SD card that's there now, and I know there's a good deal of data on it. But there might be more than data on it -- I've also installed a lot of applications that there would be no room for if I hadn't put in that card.

I was planning on copying the contents of the current SD card to my computer, then copying them onto the new SD card, and then switching the SD card in my Blackberry. Is this too risky a plan? Do you have any other suggestions about how to switch cards?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 08:48 PM
    I have used that method with no problems
    11-15-11 08:51 PM
    sd cards , gotta love them , hehe - you can put , store , move anything on them w/out any problems
    11-15-11 09:10 PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to switch to a higher-volume SD card on my Curve 8530, but to do this, I'll have to take out the SD card that's there now, and I know there's a good deal of data on it. But there might be more than data on it -- I've also installed a lot of applications that there would be no room for if I hadn't put in that card.

I was planning on copying the contents of the current SD card to my computer, then copying them onto the new SD card, and then switching the SD card in my Blackberry. Is this too risky a plan? Do you have any other suggestions about how to switch cards?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Blackberry phones do not install applications in the microsd.
    And yes, you can just copy the old one to the computer, then from the computer to the newer microsd.
    Last edited by gbsn; 11-15-11 at 09:16 PM.
    11-15-11 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD