Quick question. First off, love the site. Packed full of great info. My question is one we all may have faced at one point or another... But can you harm your BB by witching out themes too often? I see ones I like, load em up, and then delete them and I am wondering if this can damage my BB. Thanks for any info.

Manny.
    01-12-09 01:01 PM
    Quick question. First off, love the site. Packed full of great info. My question is one we all may have faced at one point or another... But can you harm your BB by witching out themes too often? I see ones I like, load em up, and then delete them and I am wondering if this can damage my BB. Thanks for any info.

Manny.
    Switching isnt a problem, running out of memory is. And since you delete them, you should be fine.
    01-12-09 01:07 PM
    It's not gonna like... "wear out" your bb but I would make sure to keep a good set of backups going.
    01-12-09 01:07 PM
    I switch themes out like it's my job and have never had a problem. My curve is like a year and a half old too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 01:18 PM
    Haha. Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. Oh, and for the record: Nancy Drew, you make, hands down, some of the best themes I have seen. Just wanted you to know your free stuff is appreciated. Be cool guys.

Manny.
    01-12-09 01:21 PM
    I've just started downloading and installing new themes on my phone. Just trying to find the right one that suits me.
    01-12-09 02:39 PM
    i find a theme i like (coughonlynancydrewsthemescough) and stick with it. then i change my wallpaper. i am not real big on themes (again coughonlynancydrewsthemescough) but i LOVE changing wallpapers
    01-12-09 03:49 PM
    lol Very true Chelsey, very true.
    01-12-09 05:14 PM
    I Dont I Switch My Themes Often
    01-12-09 05:21 PM
    i but i LOVE changing wallpapers
    That's where I am. I have one blank theme(no icons on homescreen) and
    change my wallpaper often (I blame SevereDeceit for this )
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/sh...lpapers-32609/
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-12-09 at 05:33 PM.
    01-12-09 05:28 PM
    That's where I am. I have one blank theme(no icons on homescreen) and
    my wallpaper often (I blame SevereDeceit for this )
    Haha, right on AG. I have run so many themes on my device i have lost count, believe me when i tell ya, your fine...
    01-12-09 05:31 PM
    have any of you found (or know of) a free program that makes GOOD .gif(s) i have over 400 wallpapers and i would like to make a rolling background. kind of like webshots, but for my bb.
    01-12-09 05:32 PM
    After going through a bunch as well I have also gone to a super clean iconless home screen and love it. lol
    01-12-09 05:46 PM
    The blank themes are very popular right now...
    01-12-09 05:48 PM
    Thanks you guys, I love making them and wish it WAS my full time job lol.

And yes, blank themes are perfect for wallpaper-lovers.
    01-12-09 05:50 PM
    I recently have just started changing my OS and themes like I change my socks. I've gone through a few themes in the past day, but I just can't find the right one I want (nice bold or 8900 theme FREE). Also it doesn't help that I can't make a good one to save my life.
    01-12-09 07:05 PM
    I have definitely thought about making my own, but I am not too sure if I can beat some of the awesome themes I've seen on here for free. Usually, any issues I have with a theme boil down to the font used. lol I'm using the blank theme called "minimal." I love it.
    01-12-09 07:26 PM
    I have definitely thought about making my own, but I am not too sure if I can beat some of the awesome themes I've seen on here for free. Usually, any issues I have with a theme boil down to the font used. lol I'm using the blank theme called "minimal." I love it.
    That's exactly what happens to me. Lol. And I heard that the theme builder doesn't allow the user to personally pick their own font for some of the stuff.
    01-12-09 07:34 PM
    i try out every nice theme i see and i'm constantly adding and deleting the ones i don't find myself using and my BB_Pearl has been fine so i definitely don't think its a problem
    01-12-09 07:36 PM
    I don't think that switching them a lot will harm your BB. It might just take a little bit of memory with every delete, but I don't think no severe damage.
    01-12-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD