Why can't you switch operating systems on your phone like you can on your computer? An iPhone can only run OS X but an iMac can run Linux Windows and OS X. I know you can put custom ROMs on WinMo and Android but why can't you put like iPhone OS on an HTC touch or windows mobile on an Android phone. I haven't seen any ports for things like this.
    03-01-10 10:34 PM
    some devices are made to keep their respected proprietary software and OS's on them and not allow cross platform installations. its a matter of trying to stay in business.
    03-01-10 10:50 PM
    That being said, you can hack Android onto some WinMobile devices

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 03:07 AM
    Why can't you switch operating systems on your phone like you can on your computer? An iPhone can only run OS X but an iMac can run Linux Windows and OS X. I know you can put custom ROMs on WinMo and Android but why can't you put like iPhone OS on an HTC touch or windows mobile on an Android phone. I haven't seen any ports for things like this.
    Proprietary hardware. PC's are very standardized but phones are not. Different processors and peripherals make it very hard to do what you want.
    03-02-10 09:57 AM
    ^ exactly....
    03-02-10 11:16 AM
    That being said, you can hack Android onto some WinMobile devices

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea i had a Android OS on my HTC Dual Touch... why do you ask... WIN MO IS HORRIBLE...
    03-02-10 01:01 PM
    Because it's proprietary and locked down.
    03-02-10 03:12 PM
    I believe the other reason why it doesn't happen much is because of hardware drivers. Just like in a computer you need drivers for your OS to fully utilize the hardware, similarly the phone's OS doesn't have the necessary drivers to work on another phone.
    03-02-10 04:25 PM
    I had WinMo before, on a palm treo, It's horrible, but I was just using it as an example. I think it'd be awesome to have an android emulator on iPhone tho
    03-02-10 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD