AT&T said I was eligible for an upgrade so I ordered the Torch. I currently have a Bold 9700 that I won as a prize on the Blackberry website back in June, and I decided I'm not ready to part with it just yet. I was wondering if I could switch use between both phones? Like say, one week I feel like using the Torch, and another week I want to use my Bold. Can it be done?
    12-08-10 12:51 PM
    should be able to just by switching the SIM back and forth since they are both bb's and use the same data package.
    12-08-10 01:47 PM
    Well as long as the carrier's the same...or the torch is unlocked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 02:22 PM
    You will have to switch PINs each time you swap SIM cards.

You may also need to edit and save each of your email accounts on the BIS website. At least that what happens to me when I switch phones.

How do you intend to keep all your emails, etc. up to date? You will need to Backup and Restore using Desktop Manager each time you switch phones.

Finally will you buy two sets of apps, one for each phone or, will you continually switch PIN numbers and serial numbers? That can be a pain.
    12-08-10 02:31 PM
    You will have to switch PINs each time you swap SIM cards.

You may also need to edit and save each of your email accounts on the BIS website. At least that what happens to me when I switch phones.

How do you intend to keep all your emails, etc. up to date? You will need to Backup and Restore using Desktop Manager each time you switch phones.

Finally will you buy two sets of apps, one for each phone or, will you continually switch PIN numbers and serial numbers? That can be a pain.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember having the option to keep my old PIN when I switched from a 8900 to the 9700. It does sound like somewhat of a hassle, so if I do switch them up I'll do it every 2 weeks or so, that way it's not as tedious. I'll use the same apps (free) that I have on my 9700, as I haven't bought any apps yet.
    12-08-10 06:18 PM
    On AT&T the switch is automatic. Just use the Device Switch Wizard in Desktop
    Manager to move mirror your contacts on both phones. Now whenever you pop the
    SIM in either phone it will automatically register. There is nothing else you need to do.

I did this all the time when I had both a 9700 and 9800, both a 8900 and 9700.
    You cannot keep your old PIN when you switch devices as they are unique to each
    device, however, none of your contacts will notice the switch and you will not need
    to notify any of them of the new / different PIN.
    12-08-10 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD