Hello all, I recently purchased my first ever blackberry device, a classic- I'll be switching from my IPhone 7 to the classic once it arrives next week.

Hoping to get some general advice from those who may have made similar switches (or are just knowledgeable about this sort of transfer)

Should I purchase a new sim for the BB? Would you recommend any kind of file transferring program to make the switch? Etc.... looking forward to experiencing the blackberry universe, any and all advice welcome!
    09-13-17 02:13 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

You shouldn't need to switch your SIM, as both devices use a nano Sim card.

For your switch, check out the BlackBerry Content Transfer app. It might already be loaded on your Classic, otherwise you can download it. Likewise, download Content Transfer onto your iPhone 7 from the App Store. When you have both devices in hand and are ready to make the switch, open the app on both devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

More info here:
    https://us.blackberry.com/support/Content_Transfer

Good luck!
    09-13-17 04:05 PM
    if you need apps the Classic might be limiting to you. Your iPhone certainly has access to substantially more apps.
    09-14-17 10:36 PM
    Enjoy your Classic! The keyboard, track pad and tool belt are exceptional. Also look up a guy named Slagman and his posts in the Classic forums. His posts on the Classic and how to use the keyboard, short cuts and tool belt are resourceful and any and all Classic users should read and utilize. The forums are full of helpful individuals who still use and appreciate the genius of the Classic. One handed bliss. Did I mention the keyboard?

Via the Cobalt Classic
    idssteve likes this.
    09-14-17 11:13 PM
    Welcome and enjoy the Classic. Look out for texting issues on your new phone. It's known to happen when switching from iPhone to another device. Something to do with not dissociating the phone number from the Apple ID. Good luck though, hope it works well for you.
    09-15-17 07:06 PM
    curious. why the Classic and not the KEYone?
    09-15-17 08:09 PM
    I have my First Blackberry Passport too i like it before i use Android but its Not Secure enough for me i refer buy a seperate New sim card the Iphone it is Not good no encryption between messaging

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 05:21 PM
    Hi
    After 2,5 years with iPhone, I bought a Passport SE, since I loved working with BB before the Applephone. I preferred the Passport to the K1 because of OS, although I will have a limitation with the languages with the SE (I use daily multiple languages for business)
    Could someone suggest me whether it is better to install the apps using Cobalt or from apkmirror? (I use few, no games or similar, only for business and traveling). Thanks and regards.
    11-30-17 10:49 AM
    The classic is a great device but I'm so curious as to why you chose it over say, the Keyone or the Motion?
    12-02-17 03:39 PM
    I have my First Blackberry Passport too i like it before i use Android but its Not Secure enough for me i refer buy a seperate New sim card the Iphone it is Not good no encryption between messaging

Posted via CB10
    What kind of messaging do you mean?
    12-02-17 11:50 PM
    the classic is a wonderful phone. how do you like your classic now? just curious.
    12-03-17 12:25 AM
    keyone would've been a better choice, a lot better.
    12-03-17 11:34 AM
    Don't do it. Unless your iphone is old system. If you have a good ios phone then this is a downgrade!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.3057
    12-03-17 01:12 PM