Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this decision, but I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum.

Basically, I've been using an HTC S621/Excalibur/Dash for the past year, and I'm frustrated with it. I don't use it too heavily, but I'm looking for something that offers good battery life, Wifi, good call quality, and the usual stuff. I'm an IT Consultant, and constantly on the go so having a good browser is important to me as well.

Rogers has been out of the Curve 8310 for a while, and I am told the 8320 should be coming out soon. I have also been told that the Javelin is (likely) due out for the Holiday Season. I managed to get the Bold for $215, and wondering if I should actually keep the device when I get it. If the Javelin is coming soon, should I wait out for it, keep the Bold when I get it in a few days, or get the 8320?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
    Ram
    10-31-08 01:56 AM
    Bold is a good device, well they all are for that matter really. it really depends on what you really want outta your phone and what you like. i will tell you this, the javelin doesnt have wifi
    10-31-08 02:04 AM
    If you gotta bold coming I'd just keep that its an excellent device. Both the bold and javelin have more memory and a newer os than the curve but that's not to say the curve is bad either cause its also quite awesome. Its really up to you and whether or not you like your new bold (you will).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 02:28 AM
    Thanks for the replies. The Javelin does not have 3G, however it definitely will have WiFi, because as far as I've read, it will support UMA.

I've heard good things about both devices, but I was told that the Javelin has a newer OS which includes things like auto-update. What's curious to me regarding the Javelin, is that I haven't seen anything on the BlackBerry.com website, aside from discussions in the forums. How soon does RIM advertise or speak about their upcoming products before they are released?
    (I have been thinking about calling RIM to get their forecast for release, but would they tell me?)

At this point, I am waiting (im)patiently for the Bold to arrive in a couple of days (hopefully Monday or Tuesday), and I'll try it out. Unfortunately Rogers only offers 30 minutes of airtime usage (or 30 days), for returns. I will likely keep the device, as I am anxious to be getting it, however I'm itching to know what about the realistic forecast for Rogers to carry the Javelin. (I have been told, potentially for the Holiday Season, although I read somewhere that it's been "confirmed" for Q1 of 2009. If it won't be soon I'll definitely keep the Bold).

I also have another question regarding the browser on a BlackBerry. I know that data is compressed, but is browsing (on EDGE) any faster than it would be on a Windows Mobile device?
    11-02-08 12:03 AM
    Thanks for the replies. The Javelin does not have 3G, however it definitely will have WiFi, because as far as I've read, it will support UMA.

I've heard good things about both devices, but I was told that the Javelin has a newer OS which includes things like auto-update. What's curious to me regarding the Javelin, is that I haven't seen anything on the BlackBerry.com website, aside from discussions in the forums. How soon does RIM advertise or speak about their upcoming products before they are released?
    (I have been thinking about calling RIM to get their forecast for release, but would they tell me?)

At this point, I am waiting (im)patiently for the Bold to arrive in a couple of days (hopefully Monday or Tuesday), and I'll try it out. Unfortunately Rogers only offers 30 minutes of airtime usage (or 30 days), for returns. I will likely keep the device, as I am anxious to be getting it, however I'm itching to know what about the realistic forecast for Rogers to carry the Javelin. (I have been told, potentially for the Holiday Season, although I read somewhere that it's been "confirmed" for Q1 of 2009. If it won't be soon I'll definitely keep the Bold).

I also have another question regarding the browser on a BlackBerry. I know that data is compressed, but is browsing (on EDGE) any faster than it would be on a Windows Mobile device?
    that was my bad, i meant no 3G. im sorry for the confusion
    11-02-08 12:04 AM
    No problem. (WOW you're fast! )

Now I know where to turn to for Q's and tips.
    11-02-08 12:05 AM
    Well I think T-Mobile has the exclusive rights to the javelin well for atleast 6 months from release. Or that's what I've seen on line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD