So I upgraded from an 8320 to a 9700 this last weekend and have my emails, etc. working just fine on the new phone. I'm going to give the old curve to my wife who just has a regular plan with texting and no data. Is there anything I need to do to that phone before she can start using it or can she just insert her SIM in there and have it working fine?

The reason why I ask is because last night I put in her SIM card and charged up the phone. Then this morning to my surprise the phone was totally dead and had to be recharged! That had never happened to me when I was using it with my SIM.

Thanks.
    12-01-09 02:42 PM
    She will be able to use the phone no problem. She'll have your contacts though and all your messages and stuff from when you were using it. You can do a factory restore (handheld wipe) on it to have everything erased. Other than that she should be fine as long as you guys have the same carrier or if the phone is unlocked to use with a different one.
    12-01-09 02:50 PM
    Everything should be fine. Your wife can use the 8320 with her SIM and start texting, et cetera right away without issues. Are you sure there was nothing running in the background sucking up all power? Or it could be a bad battery. Never the SIM though.
    12-01-09 02:51 PM
    I don't think its the battery because it was working just fine right up to the day I switched over. I have noticed though that maybe 2-3 times this last year the phone would have both data arrows at the top right constantly on and the battery would be drained quickly unless I do a battery pull. I would take the phone out of my pocket and notice it was warm (as if I was talking on the phone), but instead it would be at the home screen with both data arrows on.
    12-01-09 03:19 PM
    Possibly the phone trying to connect to a service that it cannot with the new SIM, so spent the whole night trying to do it, without success.
    12-01-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD