My new Bold 9900 is due to arrive tomorrow to upgrade from my 8520.

When I use switch device within my desktop manager, is there anything I need to look out for, or anything that won't copy over?.

I'm thinking things like calender entries, password keeper data.

Any help appreciated.
    06-27-12 02:51 PM
    Switch Device should copy everything -- it worked perfectly for me going from a 9810 to the 9900. But as a safety measure, you may also want to install BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) and back up your 3rd party apps.

And good luck with the new Bold!!!
    06-27-12 03:09 PM
    Just think of this as the Blackberry equivalent of restoring from an image file to a brand new Iphone. Everything is being transferred.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 03:26 PM
    Switch Device should copy everything -- it worked perfectly for me going from a 9810 to the 9900. But as a safety measure, you may also want to install BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) and back up your 3rd party apps.

I suggest not trying to port the apps over. There's a danger that if they work at all they'll drain the battery under OS 7. Better to re-download and reinstall, and just use Device Switch to transfer PIM data, auto-text entries, etc.
    06-27-12 04:44 PM
    I agree with Ubizmo. Do a fresh install of your apps. You can also use BB Protect to reload all contacts, emails, password keeper etc.
    06-27-12 05:44 PM
    I was going to mention BB protect. Is it worth doing a switch device and also to use BB protect?.

Or is that likely to cause problems?.

Also, will BB protect autodectect that my new devive will now be a 9900? As it currently shows a 8520 on my homescreen when I login.

Thanks
    06-28-12 08:10 AM
    I suggest not trying to port the apps over. There's a danger that if they work at all they'll drain the battery under OS 7. Better to re-download and reinstall, and just use Device Switch to transfer PIM data, auto-text entries, etc.
    I agree with Ubizmo. Do a fresh install of your apps. You can also use BB Protect to reload all contacts, emails, password keeper etc.
    Follow the two quotes above. Only transfer calendar, contact, task, and memo pad items. I have seen issues when you transfer apps. Don't worry about device settings. See what your new deivice and OS have to offer.

I was going to mention BB protect. Is it worth doing a switch device and also to use BB protect?.

Or is that likely to cause problems?.

Also, will BB protect autodectect that my new devive will now be a 9900? As it currently shows a 8520 on my homescreen when I login.

Thanks
    Create a backup first and then you can try to use BB Protect. I've hear dof other users doing this. I can't remember if it will recognize your new device or not. But if you have problems, you have a backup to rely on.
    06-28-12 09:08 AM
    don't transfer anything from an older OS to a newer version. sinc youre BB protect items and start al over.
    log in with youre new bb using the bb account and see what you can use on the new bb!
    app world wil let you see what is transfereble.
    using the "new device" in the desktop wil drain the batt for shure!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-28-12 09:26 AM
    Everything copied over with no problems. Now getting use to BB7.

Thanks for all the advice.
    06-29-12 02:58 PM
    Everything copied over with no problems. Now getting use to BB7.

Thanks for all the advice.
    Good to hear, Hope you enjoy your new BB....
    06-29-12 03:22 PM
    You can transfer anything, a few things, or nothing. Your choice
    06-29-12 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD