Is that possible? For example, is it possible to pull out the processor from a Curve 8900 and insert the faster, better one of a Bold 9700? (I just disassembled my Curve for the first time so now I'm curious)
    10-14-10 11:10 PM
    I don't think so sir.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 11:28 PM
    That, by far, is impossible. You could try, but you'll end up destroying both in the process.

10-15-10 12:18 AM
    Can you swap in a 1ghz snapdragon processor in my bold?

10-15-10 01:08 AM
    Can I haz 1GB DDR3 on my bold 9700?

10-15-10 01:27 AM
    lol it was worth a shot. I was ready to make the ultimate Frankenberry device if someone would have told me it was possible
    10-15-10 08:27 AM
    I have not looked at a bb board, but anything is possible with a good soldering station and a microscope. I have changed out cpu's and sensors in electric surgical instruments using these tools. The drawback is I am using a 5 thousand dollar soldering station that has a microchip removal device. Even the best soldering iron in the world would end up damaging the components beyond repair. It would be fun to try with the right stuff. But not cost effective. Unless... A person wanted to start a business after they accomplished the impossible. Hmm I'll have to think on this one.

Edit: what would it be worth to have a 2gig processor in your current bb?

10-15-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD