I always proofread my emails and other written communications before sending whether I used a pkb or vkb.
    I'll admit a pkb is easier to use but I quickly adapted to the vkb of my Pixel 4a. The pkb wasn't any less or more error free than my typing on the vkb is now.
    Predictive Text and Auto Correction has come a long way in the last thirteen years. Note to mention the ability of the phones Assistant to do dictation.

That said I'd give a PKB (well one that is designed and manufactured perfectly) the edge on typing. So for those that us a smartphone mostly for typing I can see a need for a PKB option. Just think "most" use smartphones for much more than typing, and thus the PKB isn't much of a "feature" for those users.
    Smokeaire and stephenabm like this.
    12-30-20 09:02 AM
    No touchscreen typing experience will ever match a real keyboard, but I can't deny that most consumers moved on just fine.

"Just fine", as in they still make tons more typos than they did on PKB's, but they're okay with autocorrect making up for that if it means having a shiny slab with a big screen.

The Nord seems to be quite a wider slab than many at 73.3mm wide, which should somewhat help a bit with typing accurately compared to a narrow slab.

I find that even on my opened up Galaxy Fold, I still make more typos than on my KEY2 (which makes me hopeless about VKB's). And those virtual keys are HUGE on that wide screen, so it's saying something.
    Yes the width is decent. I found that typing more slowly means fewer typos on this, which I don't like. I fly on a pkb. Oh well.

Interesting to hear that about the Fold. I nearly bought one but glad I didn't now. The Nord was cheap, it's good, and I'll probably just buy the OM device when it comes out now.
    BB Lost Love likes this.
    12-30-20 11:22 AM
    Predictive Text and Auto Correction has come a long way in the last thirteen years.
    So? A flat piece of glass is just as flat/unsculpted now as it was 13 years ago.

Note to mention the ability of the phones Assistant to do dictation.
    Who even uses that on a day to day basis? I don't trust the accuracy in those, and there are obvious privacy and surrounding-noise reasons not to use it.

That said I'd give a PKB (well one that is designed and manufactured perfectly) the edge on typing.
    Sure would hope so! Or else it's terrible at being a PKB.

Just think "most" use smartphones for much more than typing, and thus the PKB isn't much of a "feature" for those users.
    Hence why I believe in the slider compromise. It doesn't do as well as a fixed keyboard for typing, and adds bulk, but it's still (hopefully) better than glass therefore slab users can enjoy the added accuracy/tactility when they want/need it. And retract it when they don't.
    12-30-20 09:37 PM
    i won't say goodbye to Blackberry sorry... for me is enough =)
    01-14-21 03:04 AM
    Got the new Google Pixel 5 and its nice. I still love BB but I have to move on. Especially if I want to play some of these online poker tournaments that I won't be able to do on my BB.
    01-28-21 11:55 PM
    Got the new Google Pixel 5 and its nice. I still love BB but I have to move on. Especially if I want to play some of these online poker tournaments that I won't be able to do on my BB.
    Makes sense if you're coming from BB10.
    01-29-21 08:21 AM
    My biggest complaint with Pixel 3a is that it’s not a Pixel 5 so if you want to swap.... LOL enjoy your new device
    01-29-21 03:14 PM
    The day has finally come that I have to leave my Key2. It's just becoming too slow and unresponsive for me. Also seeing my photo quality next to photos that my wife has taken on her Galaxy Note the difference in quality is on another level. As much as I like the pkb and the sense of sercutiy that comes with the BlackBerry name (real or not). I cannot wait any longer to see what Onward Mobility is going to do. This will be my last post for the foreseeable future on a BlackBerry branded device. With that being said, do I now migrate over to android central? is there an "ex-pat" thread here I can join. It's been at least 11 years since I have had to use a vkb is there a support group that helps with the transition joking not joking lol.
    03-06-21 10:49 AM
    The day has finally come that I have to leave my Key2. It's just becoming too slow and unresponsive for me. Also seeing my photo quality next to photos that my wife has taken on her Galaxy Note the difference in quality is on another level. As much as I like the pkb and the sense of sercutiy that comes with the BlackBerry name (real or not). I cannot wait any longer to see what Onward Mobility is going to do. This will be my last post for the foreseeable future on a BlackBerry branded device. With that being said, do I now migrate over to android central? is there an "ex-pat" thread here I can join. It's been at least 11 years since I have had to use a vkb is there a support group that helps with the transition joking not joking lol.
    I go back and forth between Android Central and CrackBerry since it's the same login and from the mobile browser there's even more flexibility. There are many in AC from CB, especially in the last 12-18 months.
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk likes this.
    03-06-21 12:34 PM
    i won't say goodbye to Blackberry sorry... for me is enough =)
    same, I don't wanna say goodbye yet
    03-14-21 11:25 AM
    Are you at least keeping your KEY2 around as a secondary/backup phone?
    03-15-21 02:30 PM
    Are you at least keeping your KEY2 around as a secondary/backup phone?
    Yes, still have my Classic and Q10 as well just in case 😅
    the_boon likes this.
    03-15-21 05:00 PM
    this whole site has become sad
    05-12-21 01:35 PM
    In what way?
    05-12-21 01:37 PM
    This whole world is sad. I did not meet a person using PKB for a long time. I feel lonely and... sad.
    05-15-21 03:53 PM
    Does anyone have new insights when/if 5G BlackBerry will Launch?
    06-09-21 05:42 PM
    Nope.
    06-09-21 05:49 PM
    Nope.
    I bought a Pixel 4A to see if I can handle typing on glass. Cannot wait forever. This Key2LE camera is the worst so I'm definitely looking forward to a good camera for once. Bye (for now, at least until they get it together and release new phone).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-05-21 08:32 AM
    I bought a Pixel 4A to see if I can handle typing on glass. Cannot wait forever. This Key2LE camera is the worst so I'm definitely looking forward to a good camera for once. Bye (for now, at least until they get it together and release new phone).
    That's a great phone. Try the SwiftKey keyboard.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-05-21 08:50 AM
    Six months to never....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-23-21 01:33 PM
    My key one's screen won't turn on. Phone powers up but can't see anything. I refuse to give up on this phone and switch to an all touch screen phone. Repair shop i took it to had it for a week couldnt get screen to come on even with installing a new one. Need that new 5g blackberry to hurry and come out.
    Frosty458 likes this.
    08-28-21 09:44 PM
    Looks like I'll be heading for Samsung or iPhone in the next few months
    08-29-21 05:42 AM
    Although I've said goodbye to BlackBerry as my daily awhile back, my latest experiment is now the Pixel 5a on Google Fi to see what and how 5G does and how 3G shutdown will affect me on just 4G LTE VoLTE network coverage.
    08-29-21 11:32 AM
    my Bb Key 2 stopped suddenly- said no sim card... tried everything to save it(new sim from T mobile, called repair shops, no fix for it) had to get a Phone asap ! I got a Pixel 5A .... bought it from the new Google store in NYC.
    paid approx.$488.w tax..
    ... still trying to get used to vkb.
    -32% battery after 12 hours of regular use.(no games)....
    Very happy with the phone!
    Last edited by Rgrblue; 09-09-21 at 01:17 AM.
    09-04-21 08:21 AM
    my Bb Key 2 stopped suddenly- said no sim card... tried everything to save it(new sim from T mobile, called repair shops, no fix for it) had to get a Phone asap ! I got a Pixel 5A .... bought it from the new Google store in NYC.
    paid approx.$488.w tax..
    ... still trying to get used to vkb.
    -32% battery after 12 hours of regular use.(no games)....
    Very happy with the phone!
    Congratulations... on the new phone.

Might try offering yours up for parts, as there are many here that might be able to use the keyboard or the display.
    09-09-21 12:05 PM
3,266 ... 125126127128129 ...