I've switched to a 9700 recently. For those leaving for an Android/iPhone etc, keep your BB like I did. You might be back sooner than you think.
    05-02-10 01:58 AM
    Made a huge mistake switching to the Android this past week.. I got sucked into the "incredible" hype and left my blackberry for it.

In a nutshell I am currently apologizing to my blackberry and telling her how much I missed her for 4 days.

In a not so nutshell:

I got my Incredible on Tuesday (a few days earlier then most) and was wowed by the cool apps, speed of the phone and its "Tricks". However, I have concluded that the the "App" thing is overhyped and I felt like a teenage girl holding my phone sideways and struggled to use the touchscreen.

I also had trouble answering calls quickly and sending quick emails/texts.. I am very computer/phone savy (web programmer by trade) and this phone was very tough to use compared to my blackberry.

I can do 80% of what I do with my phone faster and more efficiently on my blackberry curve then I could with the incredible. The other 20% I can live without (faster web browsing, some fun apps etc.)

Bottom line.... If your using your phone for email, text, and as a "phone" then think twice before leaving blackberry and don't get suckered into the hype of the "Gadget" smartphones as they are not as user friendly as blackberry is.

I am back on board with blackberry for the forseeable future..
    05-02-10 03:24 PM
    I just got my new 9700 and I'm SO happy about it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 04:47 PM
    I was given an 8310 and I love it but I'm thinking of dropping the money to upgrade to the 9700 I like the way it looks and I need a little more space for Apps.
    05-05-10 08:00 PM
    I went from the 9000 to the 9700 few months back, love it.

But recently have been feeling the urge to jump ship and get a htc desire/bravo (android). I work for a big telco, so as part of my training I spent a few days with the desire, I think i want one, but I don't know if its just the hype about the apps, widgets and what not.

I always swore I would never own a touch phone, after spending a few days with a iPhone, hopefully I can rekindle my feelings for my 9700 before its too late
    05-06-10 06:30 AM
    Goodbye ATT
    05-06-10 08:46 PM
    I called T-Mobile at noon today to get another line and while I was at it I ordered My BB9700 I cant wait for it to get here.

It will be overnighted
    05-07-10 06:03 PM
    seinfeld dissing blackberry and iphones :-)))

05-08-10 09:09 AM
    relying more on my iphone and e72 lately. I was always an iphone basher but now admit that it definitely is far more superior than any BB. I still prefer an actual keyboard to a touchscreen but cant have it all i guess. Blackberry claims to be a superior email/business device but that is not the case, I can access all my FOLDERS and OLDER EMAILS from the iphone or Nokia even with an imap account where as to use the same features on a bb I would need a BES account and exchange email. I consider this a huge difference in service and no one in their right mind could argue this. On top of all that add the iphones apps and there is no question which is superior.
    Blackberries low build quality of their handsets have always bothered me from my first the 8800, 8300, 9000, 9500, 8900 and now the 9700. Not to mention that they dont release anything new and just recycle their boring OS onto newer cheap phones. I mean really, I dare anyone to hold any bb in one hand and a Nokia E72 in the other and claim that a BB's build and material quality is anywhere close to it. Also no one, apple or blackberry can even come close to nokia when it comes to signal and voice quality for phone calls.
    At the end we come back to the age old fact of you cant have it all I guess.
    However the day that my carrier no longer provides a worldwide data plan for blackberries, is the same day I am happy to say goodbye to BB. The same goes for most people I know.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 05-08-10 at 12:39 PM.
    05-08-10 12:17 PM
    relying more on my iphone and e72 lately. I was always an iphone basher but now admit that it definitely is far more superior than any BB. I still prefer an actual keyboard to a touchscreen but cant have it all i guess. Blackberry claims to be a superior email/business device but that is not the case, I can access all my FOLDERS and OLDER EMAILS from the iphone or Nokia even with an imap account where as to use the same features on a bb I would need a BES account and exchange email. I consider this a huge difference in service and no one in their right mind could argue this. On top of all that add the iphones apps and there is no question which is superior.
    Blackberries low build quality of their handsets have always bothered me from my first the 8800, 8300, 9000, 9500, 8900 and now the 9700. Not to mention that they dont release anything new and just recycle their boring OS onto newer cheap phones. I mean really, I dare anyone to hold any bb in one hand and a Nokia E72 in the other and claim that a BB's build and material quality is anywhere close to it. Also no one, apple or blackberry can even come close to nokia when it comes to signal and voice quality for phone calls.
    At the end we come back to the age old fact of you cant have it all I guess.
    However the day that my carrier no longer provides a worldwide data plan for blackberries, is the same day I am happy to say goodbye to BB. The same goes for most people I know.

Lol. You're quite funny, actually.
    05-08-10 03:14 PM
    Hello guys this is my first post in the forum.

Well i just upgraded my plan from iPhone 3GS to Bold 9700 on O2 UK and believe me it is the best thing I did.

Cheers
    05-08-10 03:46 PM
    Damn UPS, I paid for Next day Air and Saturday drop off and they dont knock they dont ring the bell they just leave a note sorry we missed you will try again on Monday
    wtf now I get to wait for my new Bold 9700
    05-08-10 07:52 PM
    I would tell them they owe a refund!
    05-08-10 07:58 PM
    Went from dare to storm then the tour back to the dare to a moto droid now as of this past thursday, its back to the tour and I love it. All of that in a 8 months time.

Basically, the moto droid was fun, in the end it was just eye candy and the novelty wore off in a week. Yes its faster, I even got my yahoo email timely with the 2.1 os, but in the end I just appreciate the style of the BB and the simplicity. I mean, how fast do I really need to be on the internet? Oh yeah, the apps were fun too. I'm sure by this time nxt year, the incredible will be the incredibull and the droid will, wait its already fading out..

05-09-10 04:46 PM
    ... in the end I just appreciate the style of the BB and the simplicity.
    well put. that's why i'm upgrading my 8330 to the 9650 at the end of the year (heck i'll even go curve 8530!). nothing beats the simplicity of my BB!
    05-11-10 09:06 AM
    my sig other split juice all over my curve 8330 last week and i found a storm for a fairly good price, fingers crossed i love it ...
    05-12-10 10:42 AM
    well put. that's why i'm upgrading my 8330 to the 9650 at the end of the year (heck i'll even go curve 8530!). nothing beats the simplicity of my BB!
    Thumbs up!

05-12-10 05:49 PM
    I hate to say it, but I think many of the points of this article are true. RIM needs to consolidate its phones, less models not more. It needs a high quality touch screen phone. RIM is a great company but needs to modernize or it will be left on the trash heap of history. Come on RIM, you can do it. Think outside the box!

Goodbye BlackBerry: Future Belongs to iPhone - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership
    05-13-10 02:28 PM
    that Palm Pre+ on at&t is comin out sunday. Bye bye BB. I can see why the Pre won that laptpmag.com ran last month.
    05-13-10 06:48 PM
    I would like to thank the Crackberry community for all your help. I will be pre ordering my HTC EVO 4G smartphone today.

Matt
    05-14-10 08:47 AM
    Well I went from the old curve 8300 to the 9500 storm then went to the samsung galaxy portal
    now i'm back to blackberry just waiting for my curve 8520 to arrive now
    05-16-10 08:31 AM
    I would like to thank the Crackberry community for all your help. I will be pre ordering my HTC EVO 4G smartphone today.

Matt
    i hate to say this....i was so looking forward to the 9650....couldn't wait for this to come out...was sizing up cases and reading and researching and then comes the htc evo...i never thought i would feel this way about a phone but i am really going to miss the curve 8330. this site has also become one of my favorite sites on the web and never could imagine such a knowledgeable group of people in one place. i hope in 30 days i find issues with the evo and switch back to the 9650 but i just cant see how a bb can compare...hope i am wrong!!
    05-16-10 08:10 PM
    Hi all,

I've now been using the HTC Desire for 2 weeks. I'm doing some development for Augmented Reality and as a result needed a supporting handset with which to test. So the Desire was my handset of choice, and I am stunned.

This has confirmed everything I have been fearing about BlackBerry for the last 6 months. The blackberry offers an unrivaled messaging system but honestly that's about all. I've had an 8310, 8330, 8900, 9000, 9700 and I think that's the end of the line for me now.

I was planning on returning to use my 9700 when I'd got this AR job done but I really wont be going back - Gtalk is a decent replacement for BBM especially with "Latitude", and the while i liked buttons and hated touchscreen a week ago, I could never go back to just having buttons now.

I've thoroughly enjoyed being a BlackBerry user, but I am happy to admit I now feel like I actually own a SmartPhone

Cheers

Dave
    05-19-10 09:01 AM
    i hate to say this....i was so looking forward to the 9650....couldn't wait for this to come out...was sizing up cases and reading and researching and then comes the htc evo...i never thought i would feel this way about a phone but i am really going to miss the curve 8330. this site has also become one of my favorite sites on the web and never could imagine such a knowledgeable group of people in one place. i hope in 30 days i find issues with the evo and switch back to the 9650 but i just cant see how a bb can compare...hope i am wrong!!
    Head over to: http://www.androidcentral.com/ I believe it's the sister site to this one. I switched from a Storm to an Incredible and could not be happier. I think you'll be amazed at how good the HTC/Android is compared to BB's. The only caveat may be getting used to going from keyboard to touchscreen typing, but if you can get past that, you'll never look back.
    05-19-10 09:18 AM
    I am upgrading and not sure which bb is best for me... I need a durable phone and one w/o alot of gliches... which is best 8830,8530 or 8330? any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
    05-19-10 06:21 PM
3,266 ... 1920212223 ...