Have gone from KeyOne to Unihertz Titan... Happy that I can continue to use my favourite form factor with a device which pays homage to a Blackberry classic... :-)
    04-19-20 11:09 AM
    The BlackBerry KeyONE is my final BlackBerry smartphone. April 22, 2020, is the day I decided to move to another brand of mobile phone, a decision not made lightly. Recently my BlackBerry KeyONE began exhibiting symptoms of a device whose life might come to an end this year, possibly this summer, due to its non-user-servicable battery. My time with BlackBerry mobile phones began with the BB8820 in September 2007, continued with a succession of BlackBerrys including the BlackBerry Bold through multiple generations, BlackBerry Q5, BlackBerry Priv, and BlackBerry KeyONE. This memorable era ends with the delivery of the Punkt. MP02 within a couple of weeks. The technical specifications indicate the Punkt. MP02 is compatible with my wireless carrier; worst case I return the new device directly to the manufacturer for a refund. This phone is not a smartphone, instead it focuses in the fundamentals plus serves as a mobile hotspot reminescent of the BlackBerry Bold 9700 and BlackBerry PlayBook duo of a bygone era in BlackBerry history. The small form factor of the Punkt. MP02 is a blessing comared to the behemoths we hold in our hands today, against harkening back to the form factor of the BlackBerry Bold 9700 when single-handed use was possble.

It saddens me to leave BlackBerry but alas it is time.
    04-22-20 09:53 PM
    Anyone switching to Iphone SE?

Posted via CB10
    I did yesterday: Red/128GB. Tough decision after many years in the Blackberry family. I wasn't very active here, but I appreciate the advice/help I was offered throughout the years.

It has been an interesting transition after one day. I miss the HUB and the efficiency of the BB experience, but millions of people transitioned before me and they seemed to have survived. :-)

One particular struggle with the iPhone... battery life.....

Best wishes to all of you!
    elfabio80 and Leather_nun like this.
    04-30-20 12:36 PM
    I did yesterday: Red/128GB. Tough decision after many years in the Blackberry family. I wasn't very active here, but I appreciate the advice/help I was offered throughout the years.

It has been an interesting transition after one day. I miss the HUB and the efficiency of the BB experience, but millions of people transitioned before me and they seemed to have survived. :-)

One particular struggle with the iPhone... battery life.....

Best wishes to all of you!
    Any luck with transferring all your SMS from Android to iOS yet?
    05-04-20 05:34 PM
    I had been using various BBs for the last decade. KeyONE battery was going and I couldn't justify spending so much on a Key2. I switched to a OnePlus 7T and while I do miss the keyboard, it's a great phone.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-04-20 07:30 PM
    Any luck with transferring all your SMS from Android to iOS yet?
    Not really. It copied some of my contact's sms, but it skipped 2018-2020 on each contact for some reason. I do have SOME of the old texts, but not all.

I'm definitely open to suggestions. ;-)
    Leather_nun likes this.
    05-05-20 10:02 AM
    Not really. It copied some of my contact's sms, but it skipped 2018-2020 on each contact for some reason. I do have SOME of the old texts, but not all.

I know that you all go cross platform
    @Tsepz_GP
    @bb10adopter111

I’m not sure about you
    @conite

but anyone have any ideas
    05-05-20 01:57 PM

I know that you all go cross platform
    @Tsepz_GP
    @bb10adopter111

I’m not sure about you
    @conite

but anyone have any ideas
    Did you try an SMS transfer app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...togo.xtransfer
    Last edited by conite; 05-05-20 at 03:12 PM.
    05-05-20 02:36 PM

Were you using the Move to iOS app?

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ip...phone-3459466/
    05-05-20 02:56 PM
    I used SMS Backup/Restore on the Blackberry, however it is android only. I used the Move to iOS and it was partially effective. I will try this one tonight and see what happens- thanks!
    05-05-20 03:18 PM
    Were you using the Move to iOS app?

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ip...phone-3459466/
    Yes, tried it twice.
    05-05-20 03:18 PM
    I used SMS Backup/Restore on the Blackberry, however it is android only. I used the Move to iOS and it was partially effective. I will try this one tonight and see what happens- thanks!
    It's called X-Transfer.
    05-05-20 03:48 PM
    It's called X-Transfer.
    Every item says “peer cannot receive” or "not supported".
    Last edited by tbrogan68; 05-06-20 at 12:22 PM.
    05-05-20 09:50 PM
    After about 15 years and countless devices, it is time to say goodbye to BB, but not to physical keyboards as I just got a Titan Unihertz.
    So far I'm very impressed with it, because it has two things that BB phones never had and that I need now: rugged phone and enormous battery.

Yes it is big and heavy, the keyboard is not at same level as a key or passport, but it is a bargain. I paid a bit more than 300 EUR, something that I never saw on any BB device in my country .

It's worth to mention that for the last ~4 years I was using a Priv (as my main phone) and it was basically a dying device, so I guess anything that I would have bought would have impressed me a lot, but ..... i'm addicted to physical keyboard.

As for BB as a company, I understand that some functionalities are missing from Titan because BB has patents on it, which, for end consumer is just bad. I mean they don't produce any phone (and I doubt they will ever produce phones again), but they also don't allow others to have some of the things that we are used to from BB.
    BBeast likes this.
    05-06-20 06:39 AM
    After about 15 years and countless devices, it is time to say goodbye to BB, but not to physical keyboards as I just got a Titan Unihertz.
    So far I'm very impressed with it, because it has two things that BB phones never had and that I need now: rugged phone and enormous battery.

Yes it is big and heavy, the keyboard is not at same level as a key or passport, but it is a bargain. I paid a bit more than 300 EUR, something that I never saw on any BB device in my country .

It's worth to mention that for the last ~4 years I was using a Priv (as my main phone) and it was basically a dying device, so I guess anything that I would have bought would have impressed me a lot, but ..... i'm addicted to physical keyboard.

As for BB as a company, I understand that some functionalities are missing from Titan because BB has patents on it, which, for end consumer is just bad. I mean they don't produce any phone (and I doubt they will ever produce phones again), but they also don't allow others to have some of the things that we are used to from BB.
    BlackBerry is happy to accept payment for using it's patents. Unihertz just doesn't believe customers really care enough to pay
    05-06-20 09:16 AM
    Well, a sad day to finally give up on my BB Motion. It still works well, despite a small crack on the screen (note to self, don't drop phones).... Like many here have been using BB for many years - Bold, Z30, Priv and then Motion. A friend is still using the Bold for his emails and as a phone.... Have obtained a Planet Computers "Cosmo Communicator" running Android 9 - I like the physical keyboard though miss the convenience of the "slab" for quick calls etc. (Am old enough to have been a PSION 3/5 devotee).
    Just to say farewell to all and many thanks to all those who have answered my (often silly) questions and helped me over the years - best wishes and stay safe in these times.
    05-30-20 06:54 AM
    Starting next year.. in 2020 to be exact.. I'll leave BlackBerry.

My daily (primary) smartphone device at the moment is the BlackBerry Priv and I'm still rocking with, but soon this will be modified to a back up (secondary) smartphone device.

My new upcoming daily (primary) smartphone device in 2020 is the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 1TB Color Black, Off contract.

Posted via CB10

About three months or later of this year from now, I definitely have the newest smartphone in my pocket. Although the build year since the official launch day of the SG S10 Plus 1 TB is almost one and a half (1 + 1/2 ) years old. But I'm cool with it to buy for lower price of course.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-20 06:27 PM
    About three months or later of this year from now, I definitely have the newest smartphone in my pocket. Although the build year since the official launch day of the SG S10 Plus 1 TB is almost one and a half (1 + 1/2 ) years old. But I'm cool with it to buy for lower price of course.

Posted via CB10
    Android isn't worth it that way, especially as you go up the pricing spectrum. The more expensive and premium the device, the better the value, the sooner the purchase. You've already lost 18 months of the official support. Even if you get for 1/2 price, you've lost 2/3 of the official support window. If you purchase early at introduction, you pay 0-100% of MSRP depending on promotion and get 100% of the official support window....
    Leather_nun likes this.
    05-31-20 07:21 AM
    Android isn't worth it that way, especially as you go up the pricing spectrum. The more expensive and premium the device, the better the value, the sooner the purchase. You've already lost 18 months of the official support. Even if you get for 1/2 price, you've lost 2/3 of the official support window. If you purchase early at introduction, you pay 0-100% of MSRP depending on promotion and get 100% of the official support window....
    Agreed but still, compared to the Priv about the technical specs, to myself is very important personally and also it's very high upgraded and besides.. the new S10 Plus 1TB smartphone device is the last or final version of the SG series who provides only the old school 3.5 mini jacket plugin for wired listening audio music as a extra back up feature next to wireless audio music feature within the new era of smartphones world. Although no psychical keyboard anymore, but I'm okay with that.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-20 10:58 AM
    Agreed but still, compared to the Priv about the technical specs, to myself is very important personally and also it's very high upgraded and besides.. the new S10 Plus 1TB smartphone device is the last or final version of the SG series who provides only the old skool 3.5 mini jacket plugin for wired listening audio music as a extra back up feature next to wireless audio music feature within the new era of smartphones world. Although no psychical keyboard anymore, but I'm okay with that.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't change the price/value equation except 3.5 plug. You can buy plug-in adapter for Android/iOS that's a far better deal with the S20+ 512GB however that's just my opinion since it appears you like to keep devices as long as possible.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-20 01:06 PM
    Have obtained a Planet Computers "Cosmo Communicator" running Android 9 - I like the physical keyboard though miss the convenience of the "slab" for quick calls etc. (Am old enough to have been a PSION 3/5 devotee).
    I had never heard of this device until now. Looks like an Atari Portfolio!
    What an awesome idea, and one I would go for however I have sworn to myself never again to spend more than a few hundred on a phone.

I have moved onto an LG device while waiting for something new from BB which will never happen. At least LG still used a replaceable battery for my phone, so I'm will keep going with it on an older version of Android that still works.
    06-03-20 01:10 PM
    It really is great to type on although some apps do NOT like landscape mode which can be a nuisance. I got mine via their campaign on Indiegogo - they have a newer version coming out next year if campaign is still open.
    06-03-20 02:26 PM
    It really is great to type on although some apps do NOT like landscape mode which can be a nuisance. I got mine via their campaign on Indiegogo - they have a newer version coming out next year if campaign is still open.
    The Astro Slide looks like a more usable form factor.... and the $600/$650 ($550 Early Bird is sold out - 1800 Claimed) price isn't too bad for a 5G phone (looking like MediaTek).

But as many have found, Android and many apps just isn't optimized for the Landscape Display. Maybe if Chrome OS was used? Or they merged Chrome and Android into one Fuchsia OS that would work on Phones, Tablets and Laptops... which is more what this is, a mini Laptop.

I really like what they said about Fuchsia
    Fuchsia works by combining components delivered in packages. Fuchsia packages are designed to be updated independently or even delivered ephemerally, which means packages are designed to come and go from the device as needed and the software is always up-to-date, like a Web page.

Fuchsia aims to provide drivers with a binary-stable interface. In the future, drivers compiled for one version of Fuchsia will continue to work in future versions of Fuchsia without needing to be modified or even recompiled. This approach means that Fuchsia devices will be able to update to newer versions of Fuchsia seamlessly while keeping their existing drivers.
    As I'd never buy any of these project phones, as they don't get supported very much by anyone.
    06-03-20 03:16 PM
    Yes, the Slide does appear a better form factor and will be interesting to see how it goes. As for landscape mode, I find that the app "Rotation Control Pro" does a good job of making sure all the screen is accessible as required.

Agree that support can be limited from small companies - but so far, PC have answered any query that I have had! Also, one of the good points (at least for me) is that there is very little bloatware added to the stock Android.
    06-04-20 02:41 AM
    I'm moving on from blackberry phones as well. However, I can't stay away from today's oddball phones. So, I've headed over to LG with their G8X for the time being. For a little bit under 500 USD used I get a dual screen phone. I'll still be using the Hub+ software for the time being for its usefulness. Now I just have to see if i'm willing to pay for an ad-free experience (cobalt version seems to have issues on LG UX). I find having the LG keyboard and its unique landscape VKB setup to be a pretty good experience compared to a PKB.

I already find myself using the phone more than my old Keyone, but overall I think it's a decent productivity oriented device by design. My higher usage may just be because it's still new to me and my primitive brain hasn't gotten used to it yet.

I wrote about my experience on the G8X subreddit for those interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LGG8X/comme...ackberry_user/
    06-06-20 12:14 PM
3,266 ... 120121122123124 ...