Hi everybody. I am not new to Blackberries but this is the first time I am not having VZW transfer my contacts and stuff from one to the next. I am getting rid of my Storm(love the concept, hate the typing, actually mine is pretty quick compared to ones i have seen, but I can't type an email to save my life without a million mistakes). Anyways, I have a Curve coming tomorrow in the mail and need to transfer my info from one to the other. Can I use DM and do a backup of my storm and then transfer that backup file of my Storm onto the Curve? And when I connect it do I need to go to the BIS website and change the PIN AND the ESN? I checked today and there is no ESN on the BIS website. Thanks everybody you are all the best.
    04-08-09 01:45 AM
    Connect your Storm to DM and do a full backup. The .ipd backup file will save in "My Documents." Once you get your Curve, go to backup/restore again, but this time click restore and you'll be prompted to choose that .ipd file. Simple as that.

And if you've gone on your BIS and don't actually have the phone registered, do it this time when your Curve comes in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 01:50 AM
    No need to double post. Your question was answered in the 83XX forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 02:07 AM
    its very easy to do! And you can go to bis website and change your IMEI#.
    04-08-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD