i have a hacked 9530 storm that i use with alltel. the internet is slow at times and sometimes pretty quick. i have noticed that the 1X and 1XEV swap and not real sure how to fix it. is it because it is hacked or is there a setting that needs to be changed.
    02-22-09 03:23 PM
    My phone and my husband's are doing the same thing. We called customer support and were told it's because of where we live. It's gotten better in the last couple of weeks, maybe because of the upgrades they're doing to the system to get in line with Verizon?
    02-22-09 04:05 PM
    The fluctuation is dependent on the strength of data-signal in your area. It can widely differ from 1X, 1XEV...and even convert into lowercase for each of those modes.

Most carriers can help out by telling them to re-provision the device; however since you're using a 'hacked' Storm on Alltel's network...the network carrier suppor to re-provision your device may not be available. However with this fluctuation of data-signal; I think you'd still run into the same problem even if you were to use a non-hacked Storm on Verizon's network where you live. It's the coverage in your area that is the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 04:15 PM
    i use to have the curve 8330 and it was always in 1XEV. i tryed to get alltel to do a prl update push to my phone but they were starting to catch on that i had a hacked phone so i ended the call. i really hope this will get fixed when the verizon/alltel deal is done
    02-22-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD