I am just curious if others on this forum would switch back to their used Tour from their 3 month old Motorola Razr Maxx that was purchased off contract (full price). I will be switching back tomorrow. The Razr Maxx is a very powerful phone with every bell and whistle I can think of, but it is just too big and the lack of a physical keyboard is killing me. I also find that it takes several more steps to do something on the Maxx compared to a BB. The form factor of the Tour is so much more convenient to pop in your pocket also.

Just curious what others think and would do. Ultimately my plan is to sell the Maxx to fund the 9930.
    07-15-12 07:19 PM
    Yea, the all screen large devices defeat the purpose of efficient communication. Get the 9900 you won't regret it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 07:22 PM
    Yes, I did the exact same thing, twice. I bought a droid thunderbolt last summer, hated it and returned it. Few months ago my dumb a$$ did it again, only this time with a droid 4. Both times I went back to my 9930. The droid 4 went to my daughter who was beside herself with glee. So, I've learned my lesson. I need to stay away from these glass devices. Now, if a droid with a portrait phys qwerty comes out, I'm marching right in there to vzw and trying it out. The Droid Pro wasn't even an option when I saw that crappy keyboard. The Droid Admiral on sprint is a bit more like it. Too bad its on sprint. So don't feel too bad op, there are others like you....I'm one
    Last edited by Mamaluka; 07-15-12 at 07:27 PM.
    07-15-12 07:25 PM
    Yea, the all screen large devices defeat the purpose of efficient communication. Get the 9900 you won't regret it.

I switched from a 9900 to a iphone 4
    then from a Iphone 4 to a bold 9900
    then from a 9900 to a iphone 4s
    Now I picked up a cheap 9900 from kijiji and I use both lol

07-15-12 07:31 PM
    I also bought a thunderbolt last summer and kept it for 3 weeks. I got VZW to sell me a 9930 for contract price and then traded it in for the maxx 9 months later. I can't help myself. Maybe I will just use he tour until BB10 comes out. I am really only looking to use my phone for talking and texting for the most part. I've got my playbook for entertainment.
    07-15-12 08:01 PM
    I find the blackberry a get it done device if I want to surf the web of play games I use my tablet.
    07-15-12 08:12 PM
    I am just curious if others on this forum would switch back to their used Tour from their 3 month old Motorola Razr Maxx that was purchased off contract (full price). I will be switching back tomorrow. The Razr Maxx is a very powerful phone with every bell and whistle I can think of, but it is just too big and the lack of a physical keyboard is killing me. I also find that it takes several more steps to do something on the Maxx compared to a BB. The form factor of the Tour is so much more convenient to pop in your pocket also.

Just curious what others think and would do. Ultimately my plan is to sell the Maxx to fund the 9930.
    I have to admit I really miss my Tour, but my MAXX is so much faster especially with 4G.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    07-15-12 11:29 PM

My Droid Razr is the perfect screen size for my efficient communication needs. To each their own, sir.
    07-15-12 11:41 PM
    My Droid Razr is the perfect screen size for my efficient communication needs. To each their own, sir.

My Ipad does communications just as efficiently as your razr whatever. Still can't put either in my pocket.

07-16-12 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD