Pipeline Data Inc. announced today that its AIRCHARGE subsidiary, a leader in wireless payment processing, has released a solution to Dobson Communications Corporation for mobile merchants to accept credit card payments over BlackBerry devices. Under the licensed trade name Cellular One and the business name Dobson Cellular Systems, Dobson is the largest independent rural wireless provider in the United States.

Swipe credit cards on your BlackBerry - Blackberry Blast!

07-16-07 01:25 AM
    That is a good news for blackberry users. Thanks to the "Dobson Communications Corporation" i do think that they done a good job for the blackberry consumers, well i am not a blackberry user but now thinking of having one for myself too.
    12-31-07 01:19 AM
    That is pretty cool.
    01-01-08 09:08 PM
    I find it interesting that the article states it is for BB's only and yet the picture attached to the article shows a Treo??
    01-03-08 01:53 AM
    CHARGE Anywhere Direct sells completely secure solutions for mobile payments. All of their software is completely PA DSS Certified and they have won Awards for their great security on the application.

www(dot)chargeanywheredirect(dot)com

i cant post links here yet. but i would check them out.

you can also use your current merchant account, so there are no need to switch processors

the product is similar to air charge but has more partnerships with carriers etc.
    06-24-09 02:02 PM
    There was something like this for personal computers about 10-15 years ago. But that bombed. I'm not saying its going to but in my head after seeing something like foe personal computer I'm feeling scetchy about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 10:40 PM
    I once saw a guy at a cross country meet selling T shirts. He had a blackberry curve hooked up to a credit card swiper and was using it. I thought this was old technology... Maybe he was just using the blackberry as an external modem?
    06-25-09 12:28 AM
    A friend of mine owns a bait store and goes to fishing shows and has a Siemens (I think) cell phone that has a swiper on the side of it, normal phone digits on the front, card digits on the back for pin numbers, and a little printer that hooks up to it. It's really neat. I'll try to find something about. I would use something like this for trade shows and what not and if there's a BB one that's even better.
    06-30-09 06:35 PM
    I just hope all the bugs are worked or this means a whole new playground for fraud.
    06-30-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD