Just did an update via BB App World and saw their description saying 50% off the desktop client. Already bought before and loving it, may pick up and extra license or two for family. Wanted to let the CB peeps know. Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 09:31 AM
    great app it sounds, but its too expensive

SOTI Pocket Controller-Pro for BlackBerry for OS 4.6 and above - Business BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

$35 USD seems too steep

No access to appworld in my country
    02-18-11 10:40 AM
    You can get the agent off BB App World but to buy the software, you buy it from SOTI.net

You can download the agent and the desktop client directly from SOTI.net so that's a way getting around the blocking of BB App World. Discount Promo Code: BBAPPWORLD. Promo is to celebrate them being a featured app on BB World.
    02-18-11 11:55 AM
    Just did an update via BB App World and saw their description saying 50% off the desktop client. Already bought before and loving it, may pick up and extra license or two for family. Wanted to let the CB peeps know. Enjoy!
    For future reference you dont need to pretend you are just a customer, its ok to say you are part of the company Theres no reason to be deceptive, theres nothing wrong with promoting your own product here.
    brendonlee likes this.
    02-18-11 01:25 PM
    Oh Snap!!! IP's are a wonderful (or terrible) thing depending on how you see it. I was just checking this out, but if this is true, I dont even want to purchase products and support a company that wont even admit who they really are in the forums. Blah.
    02-18-11 01:36 PM
    For future reference you dont need to pretend you are just a customer, its ok to say you are part of the company Theres no reason to be deceptive, theres nothing wrong with promoting your own product here.
    My bad on that. Thanks Shao128. I actually used to be a customer and recently joined the company . if it's accepted like you indicated, then check out SOTI's promo deal. hopefully I'll still have a job since I'm still on probation . thanks for the call out
    02-18-11 03:52 PM
    Does anybody else have an issue with this app and BBM group chat not working? At first I thought it was my computer but I tried it on my laptop and the same problem happens.

I have the torch and so everything works fine in terms of controlling my device on the PC except once I open a group chat, I can't do anything. I've tried having the group chat already open and then connecting to pocket controller but once it's on the group chat screen or even just BBM group details, it's like I lose access to the device. It's still connected, I just can't click on anything or type anything.

I feel like I'm the only one with this problem because I've searched it and nobody else seems to be experiencing this problem
    03-10-11 01:06 PM
    Hi mizmellyjelly,

Thanks for the great question! You�re not the only one that has hit this problem. It seems that RIM has blocked input simulation requests (i.e. Remote Control) when in BBM Groups for some reason. We had identified this problem a little while ago, reported this to RIM and are working with RIM to get this issue fixed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don�t have a time frame from them on when this issue will get resolved but rest assured, we�re aware of the problem and have escalated this as high as we can. We check with them weekly for an update. Once we get this issue resolved, I�ll update this post and our twitter account to let our followers know.
    03-11-11 10:17 AM
    Hi mizmellyjelly,

Thanks for the great question! You�re not the only one that has hit this problem. It seems that RIM has blocked input simulation requests (i.e. Remote Control) when in BBM Groups for some reason. We had identified this problem a little while ago, reported this to RIM and are working with RIM to get this issue fixed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don�t have a time frame from them on when this issue will get resolved but rest assured, we�re aware of the problem and have escalated this as high as we can. We check with them weekly for an update. Once we get this issue resolved, I�ll update this post and our twitter account to let our followers know.
    Thanks for clearing that up . After I made this post I sent a long email to support regarding the issue >.< sorry about that. I couldn't tell if it was just me because I couldn't find any other complaints regarding the BBM group chat anywhere.

But good to know. Time to start following y'all on twitter
    03-11-11 11:02 AM
    So the app connects fine and manipulates my Blackberry as expected. However, the screen on my computer is white in the blackberry simulator. I think it is a permissions problem. However, I can't switch permissions to Allow for some things. There are a few that are forced Deny, so all 3 are ultimately Custom. I'm on an encrypted BES. Is that the problem? So am I out of luck with this software?
    05-24-11 07:52 PM
    I'm running a trial of this right now - and I like it pretty well... (when is the next sale??? ) but navigation is not the easiest for me to use. Is there a help thread specifically for this product? I searched but couldn't come up with one.

Maybe it's because I'm on a computer, but I find myself wanting to use the mouse to click icons and navigate on the "screen" of the Blackberry as if it were a touch screen. An option of making the bberry screen behave more like a computer screen when connected would be awesome!

Also - is there a shortcut keystroke that will take me directly into my messages inbox?
    05-26-11 08:10 AM
    We purchased the 8.50 version of the Pocket Controller-Pro for Blackberry today, but when I want to chat in groups, we can't. Looking for that issue in this forum, I saw one person reported and the answer was that was because of RIM has blocked input simulation requests (i.e. Remote Control) when in BBM Groups for some reason, but for us in the Company is very important have that option available. Somebody knows if there is a solution from RIM or upgrade for this already? Thanks,
    02-18-13 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD