After doing a survey for blackberry I was asked to be a part of a discussion by blackberry on https://gfk.studyspace.net/my_new_z10.

They invited a handful of people and are asking very important questions on the Z10 and BB10 one of them being

1)In the survey, you mentioned that you experienced issues with your new BlackBerry Z10, can you tell us more about this? Tell us a bit about any issues you have encountered with your Z10 so far. When did these issues first arise and what were you doing when you first noticed this problem?

Please mention issues people are having, so blackberry does have a read of them.

2)Thinking about the phone you had before the Z10, how does it compare? What is the experience like with Z10 vs your old phone? Tell us about all of the things you can do now that you couldn�t do before, and likewise, all of the things you wish you could do on your Z10 but can�t.

3) How do you feel about the apps available in BlackBerry World? Which apps have you used/downloaded? Are there any apps missing in BlackBerry World? If so, which ones are missing?

Please answer soon, So I could include your thoughts and observations in the private discussion by blackberry, which could lead to a resolution on many of there problems.

The discussion is alive for another 2 days so please be prompt.
    04-17-13 08:33 AM
    Issues with battery life and phone overheating, my phone randomly freezes and switches off especially with WhatsApp. My BBM video, also sometimes does not work, you either cant press the camera button, and other times the camera button isn't there. My main problem is how long they take for apps to come out! Where is Skype? Where is Instagram? Poynt? Candy Crush? Fruit Ninja? Draw Something? Viber? They are all some of the most popular Android games and we still don't have it! I really also that we should be able to make phone calls just like we can use the camera when we have a password lock on, like we had on previous blackberrys!
    04-17-13 08:54 AM
    Maybe before you should ask BB if this is what they want from you before you consolidate CB input into your results. If they would have wanted a open forum they could have easily gone out to a wider audience. Surveys usually follow a methodology to be statistically valid. On the other hand maybe BB might thank you ... but I am not sure about that.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 04-17-13 at 09:53 AM.
    04-17-13 09:06 AM
    I'm quite sure under a question like what problems have you faced with the phone is universal for everyone who has the phone, except I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed all the problems the phone has such as "If you minimise the 'Docs' app while editing and you tap compose to send an email/SMS, any text typed will appear in the document you have minimised in the 'Docs' app. That is unless you reposition the cursor in the window you are in by tapping inside it." which i saw from another thread.

I'm sure it would help them to see specific problems like that.
    04-17-13 09:13 AM
    Additionally its more like a discussion any feedback is good for them. However I wanted to tabulate a list of problems, and say these are the problems faced by the crackberry community.
    04-17-13 09:15 AM
    1. Battery or phone overheating. I don't know why, but recently my BlackBerry overheated and my battery dropped dead. I charged it, but the phone
    turned on automatically, then overheated again. The temperature reached 47 degree of Celsius. I pulled my battery to let it cool down. But it didn't solve the problem as the phone overheated again. Then I turned the mobile network off, then charged the phone. It resolved the issue. Second problem is the empty contacts duplicates. No name, no number, no addresses, nothing. I deleted them, but they kept coming after phone reboot. The 3rd problem is the "Other Data". It keeps increasing over time. Now almost 8Gb of other data in my device. I can't do anything about it.

2. My old phone was a Bold 9780. It can't be compared to Z10. Z10 is the best phone I have ever had. Before BlackBerry, I used Nokia phones only. I also use a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 for a tablet. After I got my Z10, I hardly, if ever, use my tablet again.

3. App is lacking. Social media apps are enough I think. FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, are okay. But what I missed are some messaging apps, like LINE, or WeChat. And since I am an MD, I need some good, decent medical apps. I missed Medscape the most when I use only BlackBerry. I think the best apps for health care workers exist in iOS, which is sad. I don't need games or anything on my phones, just some good medical apps which would help with my work. Oh yes, one more thing. Skype.
    04-17-13 09:25 AM
    Already reported on the Battery overheating claiming, that the phone could be used as a stove, capable of boiling pasta. Hyperbole intended!
    04-17-13 09:31 AM
    Yes, but so will potential consumers... I think I will keep my 9900 until they get these problems resolved. It is like buying a car in the first year of production.

My pet theory is that BB should have developed the new hardware first using BB7 and then developed the new software. Now they have to sort out hardware and software bugs. Then again, perhaps the Q10 will prove reliable off the hop - seems very 9900 ish and it comes with 10.1.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 04-17-13 at 10:49 AM.
    04-17-13 09:57 AM