The Storm 2 appears to still have gaps between the glass and the edge. I find it odd that the successor to the only other phone with gaps also has them.

I wonder if what we've seen of the Storm 2 is just a prototype that may eventually have surepress/clicking in it, but just does not have the button under the screen installed yet. I guess I'll need to see it taken apart before I'm convinced that they did away with clicking altogether. That, or wait until official word from RIM.

Engadget physically held one, and boldly stated that surepress is dead (and everyone else followed suit). I'd think that they'd have to be pretty sure of that big of a design change before running it. But with the gaps still there, and this phone being the successor to the Storm, does anyone else think it's a possibility that everyone is jumping the gun on claiming surepress is dead? I'm probably wrong and being overly hopeful, but I personally like the click and I do not want it just abandoned. I'm holding out hope that this is just an unfinished product which will eventually click.
    05-21-09 06:30 PM
    The Tour has gaps.
    05-21-09 06:44 PM
    Engadget confimred surepress is out and truepress is in. In any event a clicking screen does not exist on storm 2
    05-21-09 07:21 PM
    It might have haptic feedback.
    05-21-09 07:31 PM
    Really, another thread on this.
    05-21-09 07:34 PM
    I don't think its gone.
    05-21-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD