02-14-13 09:59 AM
27 12
tools
    Is the BES necessary for BB10 - can a company at least pilot without?
    I believe that the new enterprise solution is not backwards compatible - is that correct?
    You could add BB10 phones to your Google account just the same as you would add an Android or iPhone, and get the same basic set of administrative options. No fancy IT policies but it'll activate BlackBerry Balance and keep the business email on the Enterprise side of the phone.

The new BES isn't backwards compatible but you don't need a BES if you've switched to Google, it's functionally very similar to Exchange and it sounds like the basic policies are enough for your boss/IT manager. Honestly they probably are, it's still encrypted mail. It gives the ability to wipe a device, to force key codes, and anything beyond that isn't really necessary for the majority of companies willing to embrace BYOD.
    01-31-13 12:13 PM
    Hi west coastit - again thanks for your help

So I got the approval to pilot the phone - bought it outright on a month to month - IT''s issue:

"Thus far the Blackberry Z10 will not work with our Google Apps device policies that gives us the abilility to use wipe devices if they are lost or stolen. If I turn off device policy it can communicate with our system but then it is off for all devices and puts our data at risk. Device policy must be on."

any thoughts
    02-14-13 09:59 AM
27 12