Watching the Olympic ceremonies today and there was a big hype about one of the athletes phone being hacked and then showing one of the CBC journalist phones being hacked. Now I am no tech savy person here but would it have made more sense if the Crown Corp CBC were using Blackberrys, ,being it's supposed to be the most secure platform out there. Canada should support Canada in every way I would think. I was reading a article about samsung doing advertising in a big way,,,just a thought but maybe BlackBerry could have used some of the Z10's that were wrote off,put them in our Canadian athletes hands and certainly could have an advertising blitz with that.."Blackberry supports our athletes on a secure platform, on their way to the podium".
    Just a thought and I acknowledge I may be way off base here.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 04:43 PM
    Funny, considering I watched some of the coverage today and there was at least 3 mentions of BlackBerry in the 40 mins of video I watched.

PS: The hacking videos have been proven to be faked. - http://blog.erratasec.com/2014/02/th...l#.UvVjOEJB-6q
    02-07-14 04:47 PM
    I believe the official support is coming from Samsung, and I know that Apple users are being required to cover the Apple logos, and I suspect that BlackBerry would be required to do likewise.
    02-07-14 04:50 PM
    Funny, considering I watched some of the coverage today and there was at least 3 mentions of BlackBerry in the 40 mins of video I watched.

PS: The hacking videos have been proven to be faked.
    That's good to hear they're at least being mentioned. I'd heard the hack reports were faked.
    02-07-14 04:51 PM
    Wow. Thanks for any correction. All I actually seen was the Samsung in use. And heather hiscox interviewing CBC journalist showing her phone actually typing numbers on its own.
    Surely our own CBC wouldn't air some non truths would they. Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 04:51 PM
    Wow. Thanks for any correction. All I actually seen was the Samsung in use. And heather hiscox interviewing CBC journalist showing her phone actually typing numbers on its own.
    Surely our own CBC wouldn't air some non truths would they. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Would 'hackers' really take over a phone, and continue doing so when it is on live tv?

Russia does a lot of things differently, but from my understanding the idea of these potential hacks is to spy on people... if they make it obvious that the devices are hacked then the person would ditch the device and get a new one.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:58 PM
    Anyone and everyone who carries a communication device at the Olympics will be probed! Come on! Don't worry this happens on both sides of the pond as well, look at the recent disclosure that people at Pearson international being spied on thru the wifi, what's even worse is that they were tracked outside of the airport! Talk about privacy invasion! I guess everyone is presumed guilty until proven innocent!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 07:54 PM