How long will RIM support the BB7 devices? I'm seriously considering staying with the 9930. The Z10 may eventually sway my decision; but at the moment, being a preferrer of the physical keyboard, I'm having mixed feelings about the X10. The extra screen size optained by removing a few buttons really doesn't make that much difference. Before I make my final decision I'll read the user reviews later on. I'm aware that the BB10 OS is great and will be instrumental in my decision regarding X10. ( Might make me forget about those missing buttons. )

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-04-13 10:40 AM
    I think there will be support for years to come. RIM doesn't forget about past devices that easily. For example the recent updates to BBM that are available for OS 4.5 devices and up.
    Yeah maybe there won't be huge OS updates for OS 7, but really, what more can they do. I plan on sticking with OS 7 for a while. Hence why I just bought a new 9900 yesterday!
    shemaree09 likes this.
    01-04-13 10:45 AM
    I recommended that a friend buy the 9930 she's been eyeing for a while, if she really wants what it can do today. BB7 will keep working for years to come, and it will take a long while before it's "EOLed."

In fact, they're still launching new BB7 devices.
    01-04-13 11:29 AM
    I think there will be support for years to come. RIM doesn't forget about past devices that easily. For example the recent updates to BBM that are available for OS 4.5 devices and up.
    Yeah maybe there won't be huge OS updates for OS 7, but really, what more can they do. I plan on sticking with OS 7 for a while. Hence why I just bought a new 9900 yesterday!
    For multiple reasons, namely money, trackpad, and traditional keyboard we all know and love, I just picked up a 9900 a couple days ago myself. I carried my 9650 throughout the life cycle of OS 7 and my apps still get updates, the 'Berry still loves me and does everything I rely on it to do, so I bet the OS 7 devices still have a long stretch of good life inside them yet.
    01-04-13 02:01 PM