Oh that's GENIUS....no wonder these marketing guys get millions. *insert sarcasm here* they TOTALLY deserve every penny
    People who left BB, will watch the commercial, then say, "Well....maybe I should go back and check them out. After all, BB was my first love, and it seems like this product is REALLY awesome. I think I'll give them another chance." So, they'll run to the store to buy a new BB, to be reunited with their sweetheart.... only to be told, "I'm sorry sir, that's not available until March." You think BB is gonna get a third chance?
    I'm just in this state of incredulous shock. I've written before about how the US probably doesn't deserve same day release....but a month and a half? That's just a stupid BUSINESS decision, regardless of how I feel BB bashers from the states deserve it
    SK122387, kevinnugent, imz and 6 others like this.
    01-31-13 12:01 AM
    The good news is.....I get to love my Torch 9850 for another 60 days
    01-31-13 12:02 AM
    Maybe it will be like those "To be continued..." series of commercials until drop date. You know, like the old Foldger's commercials that had the story line of the 2 neighbors that eventually fell in love. Ya'think?
    01-31-13 12:06 AM
    The commitment to the Super Bowl add had to be made months ago. At that time, I'm sure they thought the carriers would be done their testing, as for many other nations, it is. The current situation, I'm sure, wasn't what they thought was going to happen.
    01-31-13 12:07 AM
    If anything, hopefully it will enable people to start putting pressure on the carriers.
    01-31-13 12:08 AM
    Oh that's GENIUS....no wonder these marketing guys get millions.
    This again? Haven't enough people brought this up already?
    01-31-13 12:11 AM
    It brings back sentiment that blackberry is ALIVE and well.

When they see that phone in March they will remember the anticipated superbowl ads
    01-31-13 12:11 AM
    Pretty sure its the start of the keep moving campaign and it actually might be a blessing to build up awareness of the brand and get people ready for it. I do not think it would do BlackBerry any good to launch the phone in the US right now. Yeah all us fanboys would have gone out and bought the phone but then what? I'm sure the people that have studied marketing in school know what they are doing? Just let them do their job and enjoy the ride!!!
    dee., alan510 and shemaree09 like this.
    01-31-13 12:13 AM
    i *should* be able to have it Feb5th but my provider in Canada isnt releasing until March. Im ticked!
    01-31-13 12:14 AM
    Maybe it will be like those "To be continued..." series of commercials until drop date. You know, like the old Foldger's commercials that had the story line of the 2 neighbors that eventually fell in love. Ya'think?
    Or like that Acura NSX commercial from last year. They kinda failed to reveal the car wouldn't be out for another 3-4 years.
    01-31-13 12:17 AM
    Yeah, I know guys....I'm trying to remain positive. It is hard though.
    As for the marketing quips....I agree...it IS getting old. As soon as I some inkling of competence, I'll stop. Until then, I'll call a spade, a spade
    kevinnugent and jsmenard1 like this.
    01-31-13 12:17 AM
    Could not agree more with the OP.

BlackBerry is now tasked with keeping Americans hooked on BlackBerry 10 promo stuff for at least a month, but probably at least five or six weeks. I hate to stereotype people of our fine country, but I'm pretty sure Americans are the most impatient, short attention spanned,"I want it, and I want it NOW" people on the face of this earth. I cannot believe that carriers are making us wait this long, for whatever reason, and as much as I hate to say it, I can't believe BlackBerry didn't think to put the Z10 into carrier testing a long, LONG time ago (maybe they did and it just takes forever; if so, I apologize..). BlackBerry is in a dire situation here in the U.S., and it's one huge market they literally cannot afford to mess up with.

I have no idea what their plans are, but they should have launch parties in lots of major cities here between now and March. People need to experience BlackBerry 10 to see how special it is. I can see how special it was just by looking at all the videos of walkthroughs, but the Z10 needs to be shown off. I just think it wasn't the best idea to SHOW everyone how cool BlackBerry 10 is in a $3million+ SuperBowl ad, and then tell them it will be a month and a half until they can have it.

Hopefully BlackBerry does some advertising during the Daytona 500... February 24th...at least then it will be within a couple weeks of the launch here.
    CanAm89 and nquyen like this.
    01-31-13 12:20 AM
    Could not agree more with the OP.

BlackBerry is now tasked with keeping Americans hooked on BlackBerry 10 promo stuff for at least a month, but probably at least five or six weeks. I hate to stereotype people of our fine country, but I'm pretty sure Americans are the most impatient, short attention spanned,"I want it, and I want it NOW" people on the face of this earth.
    No stereotype, sir....you are absolutely spot on. My experience in this country is EXACTLY as you say
    01-31-13 12:24 AM
    No stereotype, sir....you are absolutely spot on. My experience in this country is EXACTLY as you say
    Our media attention span is about two weeks at max. BB needs to find some hold-overs or spam the **** out of commercials showcasing BB10 and advertising when it'll be launched.

Hopefully carriers will get off their collective asses and push these phones to market.
    SK122387 and ajst222 like this.
    01-31-13 12:26 AM
    Our media attention span is about two weeks at max. BB needs to find some hold-overs or spam the **** out of commercials showcasing BB10 and advertising when it'll be launched.

Hopefully carriers will get off their collective asses and push these phones to market.

Seriously. It's probably unhealthy for a consumer to care this much about a COMPANY, but I have some mild anxiety about whether or not BlackBerry will be able to keep the interest level up over the next several weeks. That is what Apple is good at. During their magical little keynotes, as soon as it was over and people watching online were all hyped up, they could go on over to Apple's website and their excitement would translate DIRECTLY into a sale.

It's not my interest in BlackBerry 10 that will lessen over the next month (it will only grow, as pictures, videos, new app releases, etc., come up), but it is the interest of the average American who does not logon to tech sites to check things out.
    01-31-13 12:37 AM
    I thought the US carriers wanted a 3rd eco system. Well start acting like it!!!
    01-31-13 12:38 AM
    Seriously. It's probably unhealthy for a consumer to care this much about a COMPANY, but I have some mild anxiety about whether or not BlackBerry will be able to keep the interest level up over the next several weeks. That is what Apple is good at. During their magical little keynotes, as soon as it was over and people watching online were all hyped up, they could go on over to Apple's website and their excitement would translate DIRECTLY into a sale.

It's not my interest in BlackBerry 10 that will lessen over the next month (it will only grow, as pictures, videos, new app releases, etc., come up), but it is the interest of the average American who does not logon to tech sites to check things out.
    I really like seeing companies succeed (barring unethical/ill-begotten-wealth companies), and I especially like seeing BB succeed because they offer a product that satisfies my wants from both a business and personal perspective. BB "clicks" with me. I find iOS to be unintuitive and kitschy, and Apple's business practices are extremely unethical; and I have no real beef with Android, I just dislike Google.

BB has 8 weeks to make things right. If they can't begin to recapture market share or become viable in the US market by FY '14, they'll be donefor. Their success in emerging global markets is fantastic, but (sadly) the US always winds up being the make-it-or-break-it market.
    01-31-13 12:46 AM
    The sporting event they should've marketed around is March Madness. It's in March (obviously), and with practically every office running a pool, business people that don't even care about sports will be watching. Less eyeballs per ad slot, but more affordable and more timely.

I hope they didn't blow their whole wad on the Super Bowl.
    iToya and distributor1 like this.
    01-31-13 01:00 AM
    The sporting event they should've marketed around is March Madness. It's in March (obviously), and with practically every office running a pool, business people that don't even care about sports will be watching. Less eyeballs per ad slot, but more affordable and more timely.

Agreed. I shared a similar conversation with a fellow NCAA fan today. College basketball fans tend to be educated professionals who appreciate "getting things done" (aka "BlackBerry People").
    RHDJEEZY likes this.
    01-31-13 01:15 AM

I can assure you that BB10's marketing budget is not just 3 million bucks. I'd venture a guess at a total marketing budget of 50-150 million.
    01-31-13 01:26 AM
    Hang on a stinking second
    Before the launch everyone was like "money on Superbowl ads is money well spent" and that was with the ORIGINAL estimated release date at MARCH.
    Then came the claims that Superbowl ads are worth the money because they are classics and everyone remembers them.

Now the phone has launched and the only thing that has changed from back then is that other countries get the phone first, it still has that original March date.
    People are now claiming that what is the point of a Superbowl ad as people will forget about it and its too far away from the launch event?

i never thought it was money well spent either as the event has pretty low viewing figures for a sporting event, but make up your minds for crying out loud! i could understand it's importance to the American market based on all the arguments that was given for it, but now I'm getting the impression that no one pays attention to these ads
    01-31-13 02:08 AM
    Hang on a stinking second
    Before the launch everyone was like "money on Superbowl ads is money well spent" and that was with the ORIGINAL estimated release date at MARCH.
    Then came the claims that Superbowl ads are worth the money because they are classics and everyone remembers them.

Now the phone has launched and the only thing that has changed from back then is that other countries get the phone first, it still has that original March date.
    People are now claiming that what is the point of a Superbowl ad as people will forget about it and its too far away from the launch event?

i never thought it was money well spent either as the event has pretty low viewing figures for a sporting event, but make up your minds for crying out loud! i could understand it's importance to the American market based on all the arguments that was given for it, but now I'm getting the impression that no one pays attention to these ads
    No, that was before the whole "NEW BB10, AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE EXCEPT FOR YOU!" thing came around. It went from a cool preview of an upcoming product to the average joe thinking "are the freaking kidding?"
    01-31-13 02:46 AM
    I guess the Super Bowl will just a be a teaser ad and a set up for a (hopeful) dominant presence in March Madness.
    01-31-13 03:03 AM
    Nice....Z10 gets to go up against the galaxy S4. Let's see how that works for them.
    Djlatino likes this.
    01-31-13 03:21 AM
    That's cool! Infact Blackberry produces a lot of good phones so I think in my point, they deserve a push!
    Last edited by erwin wells; 01-31-13 at 06:23 AM.
    01-31-13 03:44 AM
101 123 ...