No, that was before the whole "NEW BB10, AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE EXCEPT FOR YOU!" thing came around. It went from a cool preview of an upcoming product to the average joe thinking "are the freaking kidding?"
    Canada and the uk now appear to be the rest of the world.
    what about the markets that get it after the usa?
    suppose noone cares about that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 04:14 AM
    The commitment to the Super Bowl add had to be made months ago. At that time, I'm sure they thought the carriers would be done their testing, as for many other nations, it is. The current situation, I'm sure, wasn't what they thought was going to happen.
    If true, this would be another reason why this company is failing. They have no ability to forecast ANYTHING, much less offer technology that has kept up with the market. My opinion with BB10, too little, too late. I am a Blackberry user but am disappointed.
    02-01-13 05:02 AM
    Canada and the uk now appear to be the rest of the world.
    what about the markets that get it after the usa?
    suppose noone cares about that.

It is important to note that no market in the world uses Smartphones more than America. It is an important market, so although there are countries which would get these phones later, they won't be able to sway much in terms of profits the way American consumers can.

02-01-13 05:20 AM
    It is important to note that no market in the world uses Smartphones more than America. It is an important market, so although there are countries which would get these phones later, they won't be able to sway much in terms of profits the way American consumers can.

no usa is not the largest smartphone market.
    that is china. usa is an important market, but not the most important.
    lets dispel this old conception now.

02-01-13 05:36 AM
    If true, this would be another reason why this company is failing. They have no ability to forecast ANYTHING, much less offer technology that has kept up with the market. My opinion with BB10, too little, too late. I am a Blackberry user but am disappointed.
    so every other carrier completed testing apart from the usa's and this is blackberrys fault?
    would you like some sour grapes to go with your whine?

02-01-13 05:38 AM
    How long have people been complaining about a lack of advertising on BlackBerry's part? Now we're complaining that they are advertising too early? I'm as disappointed as the next American BlackBerry user but this complaint is just silly in my opinion. I think that Super Bowl thing has a little bit of viewership outside the States so I guess it's not a total loss to to advertise there.
    02-01-13 05:54 AM
    so every other carrier completed testing apart from the usa's and this is blackberrys fault?

Not whining friend, just stating the obvious that most all experts have already vocalized. RIM has failed to foresee where the cell phone market was headed and definitely failed to react in a timely fashion to the trends. Playing catch up is tough. I hope the company succeeds, it's just my opinion that its a little too late to make a difference. I personally like their products.
    richardat likes this.
    02-01-13 06:00 AM
    Oh that's GENIUS....no wonder these marketing guys get millions. *insert sarcasm here* they TOTALLY deserve every penny
    People who left BB, will watch the commercial, then say, "Well....maybe I should go back and check them out. After all, BB was my first love, and it seems like this product is REALLY awesome. I think I'll give them another chance." So, they'll run to the store to buy a new BB, to be reunited with their sweetheart.... only to be told, "I'm sorry sir, that's not available until March." You think BB is gonna get a third chance?
    I'm just in this state of incredulous shock. I've written before about how the US probably doesn't deserve same day release....but a month and a half? That's just a stupid BUSINESS decision, regardless of how I feel BB bashers from the states deserve it
    Or maybe the commercial will show the 2 new BlackBerry 10 Phones & underneath say 'USA availability March 2013'.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 06:06 AM
    Not whining friend, just stating the obvious that most all experts have already vocalized. RIM has failed to foresee where the cell phone market was headed and definitely failed to react in a timely fashion to the trends. Playing catch up is tough. I hope the company succeeds, it's just my opinion that its a little too late to make a difference. I personally like their products.
    i thought you were talking about carriers delaying the release.
    yeah they did fail to see the way the market changed, but they have pretty much a new set of people at the helm.
    the past mistakes belong to the past leaders.
    i will judge todays leaders from this point on. so far they are doing ok, but there is a lot of room for improvement!

02-01-13 06:30 AM

Please present the facts to back up what toy say please.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    02-01-13 06:34 AM

You need to do more research and reading. It is BB fault. To think otherwise is denying facts.
    You act like BB did not know how long testing takes. Like they have never released a phone to carriers before

Tim

02-01-13 06:36 AM

I'm not sure about total number of phones but I believe the USA is clear leader in purchase of and use of high end smart phones like the phone we are discussing. So in my mind for this level of phone it is the most important market.

Bloomberg calls the US Blackberry's single largest market in this article:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo
    Last edited by jimpilot; 02-01-13 at 07:19 AM.
    02-01-13 06:51 AM
    You need to do more research and reading. It is BB fault. To think otherwise is denying facts.
    You act like BB did not know how long testing takes. Like they have never released a phone to carriers before

Tim

You know in the end I don't think it matters who caused the delay. The phone companies won't suffer from it, folks who must have a phone now will purchase something else so they get the sales either way.

Blackberry however will lose that customer along with other potential customers who move on when the launch buzz dies and they get interested in something else over the two months of delay.

So in the end it will be Blackberry's loss.
    02-01-13 06:56 AM
    Now, now, if the American consumers start buying the new phones in critical numbers, maybe to the extent of overtaking the Iphone, come March or April, Blackberry has got to acknowledge they were fortunate. But to mess up anymore with the American Market would be the nail in the coffin.

02-01-13 07:44 AM
    I honestly don't see the downside. They'll be visible to the largest viewer audience of the year at a time when people are actually excited/willing to watch commercials. "Coming soon" works, just look at movie trailers.
    Xader likes this.
    02-01-13 08:06 AM
    Is the superbowl ad going to be shown on canadian networks as well? I know we don't get the same US commercials as you guys during it.
    02-01-13 08:18 AM
    I completely agree...

some here are arguing that the Super Bowl is watched by hundreds of millions around the world but what they don't realize is that each market gets its own commercials so unless this ad plays in every market, it's pointless. Us Canadians know this the best because we always have to watch the cool American commercials on Youtube later.
    02-01-13 08:47 AM
    Please present the facts to back up what toy say please.

Tim

its not exactly hidden knowledge but here you go
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavi...tphone-market/

Neely2005 likes this.
    02-01-13 09:31 AM

Tim

you conveniently leave out the fact that all other carriers are fine with the phone hence why it can be released.
    the phones are already approved by the FCC so you tell me why the carriers need more time in the usa alone.

02-01-13 09:33 AM
    I completely agree...

some here are arguing that the Super Bowl is watched by hundreds of millions around the world but what they don't realize is that each market gets its own commercials so unless this ad plays in every market, it's pointless. Us Canadians know this the best because we always have to watch the cool American commercials on Youtube later.
    around 120 million world wide which isnt good value for money.
    also as you say the ad wont get shown on international coverage.

02-01-13 09:35 AM
    The first paragraph of that article mentions their appetite for low end phones.
    02-01-13 09:37 AM
    The first paragraph of that article mentions their appetite for low end phones.
    so?
    most of blackberrys marketshare comes from low end devices too.
    still part of the market...

02-01-13 09:41 AM
    How long has it been since they introduced a low end device and how long until they introduce another low end device?
    02-01-13 12:41 PM
    one part of advertising is repetition, so they do the Super Bowl and after that i would be surprised if they don't follow it up with
    ads during March Madness, and then baseball, Blue Jays get heavy Blueberry advertising anyways,
    so should be easy to extend that.
    02-01-13 12:48 PM
    Yeah, I know guys....I'm trying to remain positive. It is hard though.
    As for the marketing quips....I agree...it IS getting old. As soon as I some inkling of competence, I'll stop. Until then, I'll call a spade, a spade
    I think the spade is the carriers, not blackberry
    02-01-13 12:54 PM
101 12345