Oh that's GENIUS....no wonder these marketing guys get millions. *insert sarcasm here* they TOTALLY deserve every penny
    OMG - a few days ago, people were moaning that RIM wasn't doing commercials in advance of the launch to build of demand. Now people are moaning that they're doing an ad in advance.

Lots of armchair execs around here ...

People who left BB, will watch the commercial, then say, "Well....maybe I should go back and check them out.
    What if the commercial is a "coming soon" ad and followed up by other teaser commercials leading to the launch?

I get that people are upset, but gawd ...
    toneytone and BoldtotheMax like this.
    01-31-13 03:55 AM
    Hopefully the commercial isn't as pathetic as that launch event was. They would have been better off throwing Thor on stage wearing all black with a monkey screaming "Touch my Monkey"!
    01-31-13 07:27 PM
    A Fast and Furious 6 Superbowl Ad is on the slates too, but that isn't going to be released till May 24th; are people going to "forget" about that too?
    People are acting like BlackBerry has $4million and $4million only to spend on marketing and they've spent it all on the Superbowl Ad. Now shut the f*** up and let the company do it's thing.

Day 2 of BB10 unveiling and people are acting like the world is ending in Feb whilst BlackBerry plans to release a phone in March.
    01-31-13 07:37 PM
    Well They work think about this
    Fast and Furious 6 is due on Late may and Iron man 3 in June
    and they have an ad on the Superbowl.
    plus they will be placing more ads on billboards, youtube, Radio and TV in
    the following months to keep the flow going into Launch day.
    01-31-13 07:54 PM
    I think some folks forget that the superbowl is a worldwide viewed event. Its just not broadcast in the US. Blackberry would have been idiots not to have a commercial.
    dee., q649 and Michelle Haag like this.
    01-31-13 08:05 PM
    Even though you can't buy the phone in the us til march you cam pre order! The commercial will show everyone bb10 and they can pre order it! Still a good choice to advertise at the superbowl!
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    01-31-13 08:10 PM
    So first it was "Why isn't RIM advertising already!?!?!? They need to build hype for their phones so that by the time they are available people will really want them!" and now it's "Why bother advertising a product that won't be available IMMEDIATELY!! Everyone will forget about it by the time the game is over anyway!" Ok cool, carry on.
    01-31-13 08:15 PM
    Could not agree more with the OP.

BlackBerry is now tasked with keeping Americans hooked on BlackBerry 10 promo stuff for at least a month, but probably at least five or six weeks. I hate to stereotype people of our fine country, but I'm pretty sure Americans are the most impatient, short attention spanned,"I want it, and I want it NOW" people on the face of this earth. I cannot believe that carriers are making us wait this long, for whatever reason, and as much as I hate to say it, I can't believe BlackBerry didn't think to put the Z10 into carrier testing a long, LONG time ago (maybe they did and it just takes forever; if so, I apologize..). BlackBerry is in a dire situation here in the U.S., and it's one huge market they literally cannot afford to mess up with.

I have no idea what their plans are, but they should have launch parties in lots of major cities here between now and March. People need to experience BlackBerry 10 to see how special it is. I can see how special it was just by looking at all the videos of walkthroughs, but the Z10 needs to be shown off. I just think it wasn't the best idea to SHOW everyone how cool BlackBerry 10 is in a $3million+ SuperBowl ad, and then tell them it will be a month and a half until they can have it.

Hopefully BlackBerry does some advertising during the Daytona 500... February 24th...at least then it will be within a couple weeks of the launch here.
    Well done. Well said. Cheers.
    01-31-13 08:18 PM
    Even though you can't buy the phone in the us til march you cam pre order! The commercial will show everyone bb10 and they can pre order it! Still a good choice to advertise at the superbowl!
    Do we expect to be able to pre-order with Verizon in the US by Super Bowl Sunday? So far, we are not able to.
    01-31-13 08:19 PM
    Oh that's GENIUS....no wonder these marketing guys get millions. *insert sarcasm here* they TOTALLY deserve every penny
    People who left BB, will watch the commercial, then say, "Well....maybe I should go back and check them out. After all, BB was my first love, and it seems like this product is REALLY awesome. I think I'll give them another chance." So, they'll run to the store to buy a new BB, to be reunited with their sweetheart.... only to be told, "I'm sorry sir, that's not available until March." You think BB is gonna get a third chance?
    I'm just in this state of incredulous shock. I've written before about how the US probably doesn't deserve same day release....but a month and a half? That's just a stupid BUSINESS decision, regardless of how I feel BB bashers from the states deserve it

Another week another silly topic

Hey did you notice, that ....A LOT of things, get marketed before they are ready to build up anticipation for their release!?!?!?! Why would you market something AFTER you release it? So you can have a month of underwhelming sales?

Best example....Super Smash Bros Brawl for Wii...I loved that game...what did I love more? That for like 5 months, Nintendo released one blurb of info every day....keeping you informed and interested until the day you got the game!

Not only have you yet to see the commercial, but have a SB commercial gives fans/speculators the thought process and confidence in the company. Remember when Chevy/Chrysler went under, and got bailed out? They released SB ads, why? To instill confidence in their userbase....it is a great idea, that takes many perspectives, simply making a one paragraph rant and getting a few likes for a luke warm thought doesn't cut it really.
    01-31-13 08:19 PM
    do you guys really think they don't have a marketing plan figured out for the next month?? c'mon...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Shanerredflag, dee. and alan510 like this.
    01-31-13 08:22 PM
    whats the complaint about? a march release means it is closer to the christmas season right? /sarcasm

to me, i would be focusing my attention on markets that are most strongly aligned with my product already, not the ones that have proven to no support it. and while i think it has more to do with the carriers dragging their collective heels, i think it is a reasonable move by rim to delay it there. because at this point they are damned if they do damned if they dont in the states. why try to sell an icebox to an igloo?
    Last edited by CopperTec; 02-01-13 at 02:46 AM.
    01-31-13 08:34 PM
    Just thinking. I bet we get a release date on the SB add!
    01-31-13 08:47 PM
    For those who can wait, then wait for BB to be released in your country. And for those who can no longer wait, your have the option to either go Android, iOS or Windows. Stop this negative nonsense. Btw, i'll wait for BB Q10 no matter how long it takes. I guess April the most since am from Asia.
    01-31-13 09:47 PM
    Hang on a stinking second
    Before the launch everyone was like "money on Superbowl ads is money well spent" and that was with the ORIGINAL estimated release date at MARCH.
    Then came the claims that Superbowl ads are worth the money because they are classics and everyone remembers them.

Now the phone has launched and the only thing that has changed from back then is that other countries get the phone first, it still has that original March date.
    People are now claiming that what is the point of a Superbowl ad as people will forget about it and its too far away from the launch event?

i never thought it was money well spent either as the event has pretty low viewing figures for a sporting event, but make up your minds for crying out loud! i could understand it's importance to the American market based on all the arguments that was given for it, but now I'm getting the impression that no one pays attention to these ads
    The ad should be powerful for UK/Canada and possibly Oceania regions, but the impact is lost on the target audience. It's pretty clear that RIM bought the commercial space and assumed a US release would be on time.
    01-31-13 09:55 PM
    I think some folks forget that the superbowl is a worldwide viewed event. Its just not broadcast in the US. Blackberry would have been idiots not to have a commercial.
    Exactly!!! The Super Bowl is WORLD WIDE.... I know a lot of people that are not football fans and still watch the game....
    01-31-13 09:55 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was more of reintroducing America to BlackBerry, the company formally known as RIM. Once your product is dead in the market eyes, your best bet is to show your company has changed. Everyone wondered what was the point for Honda to show a Super Bowl commercial with a car that didn't even exist yet - the main reason was to show Acura was in the midst of re-inventing itself at the time. It focused around the NSX that was slated as 3-4 years away (it also briefly showed the ILX which released that April and the just released 2nd generation RDX in the background). If the message was to sell cars at that moment - then obviously Acura failed, their whole lineup was a mess at that point anyway, but if the message was "We are not the same company that lost its way from #1 luxury import brand" then I think they did their job as change was coming. Blackberry can do the same - not all ads are there to sell for the now. Sometimes they are there to create brand awareness.
    01-31-13 10:23 PM
    i *should* be able to have it Feb5th but my provider in Canada isnt releasing until March. Im ticked!
    MTS am i right? they're always last with everything
    01-31-13 11:15 PM
    I am confident there will *not* be only ONE commercial about BB10 and that's it. Superbowl is just a start.

Then they will follow up with commercials continuously up to and well past the launch... You can't just advertise a launch, you need continue for months and months after availability is here to keep reminding the public, who are continuously renewing their cell contract cycles and ready to upgrade.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    02-01-13 12:40 AM
    God, does no one remember the first Droid commercials? They were out months before the first phone and did a **** of a job to create hype.

02-01-13 01:00 AM
    The sporting event they should've marketed around is March Madness. It's in March (obviously), and with practically every office running a pool, business people that don't even care about sports will be watching. Less eyeballs per ad slot, but more affordable and more timely.

I hope they didn't blow their whole wad on the Super Bowl.
    I'm digging this idea! March Madness ropes in the college crowd and the alumni/sports fiend crowd. Maybe they will sponsor a few games..get the announcers to annoyingly keep repeating "This game is sponsored by BlackBerry. Introducing their new line of phones powered by BlackBerry 10, Keep Moving. "
    02-01-13 01:29 AM
    Actually, Blackberry seems to be put in a tight rut. On some days I would have said that they are done...but when I think of a brand new Q10 in my hands I know it's worth the wait.
    02-01-13 01:59 AM
    I sympathize completely with folks who want their phones soonest. While the USA is the target market, the event is worldwide. BlackBerry is making sure the big ad is shown in both the US and Canada. The phones will be available in Canada two days after the Super Bowl so it should have an immediate effect there. Who knows what effect elsewhere. And we all know it is the beginning of a longer campaign. BlackBerry needs time - ad time - to compete with daily Apple, Windows and Samsung ads on US television. It needs to build up its brand which will take time. So while I wished for an immediate US launch, I can see some benefit in waiting and hopefully enjoying the campaign.
    02-01-13 01:59 AM
    also, maybe a little patience should be employed; i cant tell you how many times as a canadian we have had to wait for stuff- movies, clothes, games, concerts, technology, foods, cars to name a few categories. maybe if we had AMERICAN netflix up here we might have gotten the phones down sooner :P
    02-01-13 02:53 AM
    God, does no one remember the first Droid commercials? They were out months before the first phone and did a **** of a job to create hype.

If Blackberry had the carriers going on before their launch event, or at least got the testing earlier, it would have been an optimal launch. But they left the American crowd hanging, and for what, to prove that they were the ones who left in the first place? Blackberry did definitely drop the ball, and to be honest, they deserve to be put through the wringer for it.

Which is why I think they are done, in the US at least. Which brings us...to square one....

I will still use my Z10 till it breaks, whenever it comes in the mail, thank you
    02-01-13 03:01 AM
101 1234 ...