A thought/question...

With the official BB10 display (and hopefully release) coming at the end of this month, it's also happening just before Superbowl Sunday (Feb 3rd). Now it would certainly be nice if they were to announce it being on sale starting that Monday morning, and also had an ad spot purchased during the Superbowl. Is anyone aware of an ad having been purchased, or know if they're still available?
    01-03-13 09:29 PM
    That's been my wish since Thor first announced Jan30.
    01-03-13 09:36 PM
    I hope not the cost is at 4 million per ad. It is very high price.
    01-03-13 09:36 PM
    4 million in the scope of their marketing budget for bb10 isn't that much. Superbowl ads get very good penetration, I'd say its a good investment.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 09:42 PM
    4 million in the scope of their marketing budget for bb10 isn't that much. Superbowl ads get very good penetration, I'd say its a good investment.
    Definitely - especially for a company in the position RIM is in.

RIM is attempting to turn things around with a new device that can compete on some levels. They desperately need to change the way people think of Blackberries, and they need to hit the ground running because they have a relatively small window to turn things around.

The timing of the Superbowl (Feb. 3rd) is perfect for RIM. Jan. 30th is the launch event - which is a Wednesday. If the feedback from the press is positive, they get some nice free publicity on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday... and then they target the masses on the Sunday with an extremely high exposure commercial (which needs to draw attention and be effective/effecient with it's message) during the Superbowl. To keep the momentum going, BB10 should be available for sale less than 2 weeks after the commercial.

If done right (big if), a few million for a commercial is a tiny investment compared to the exposure and return they can get from it.
    Davey Rodgers likes this.
    01-03-13 10:16 PM
    If RIMM hasn't bought the adspace yet than it will probably be too late now...
    01-03-13 10:19 PM
    Like others have said, RIM needs to get out there and change the public's perception of Blackberry being a Smartphone over the hill. Four to eight million on Superbowl ads is a great way to reach 100+ million people and get them talking.
    01-03-13 10:41 PM
    I think they will have a Superbowl ad. $4 million is jsut a dent in the $900 million they wanna spend in advertising BB10.
    01-03-13 11:05 PM
    It would have to be funny. Beer commercial funny. I'm trying to think how it would go.

iphone: less filling

Blackberry: more fulfilling

(And for those of you not in the states, the superbowl is an esoteric sports championship event for a game strangely named football but you mostly use your hands.)
    01-03-13 11:07 PM
    I hope they make that commercial they leaked before, with Amy Winehouse song: "back to black"

Others were mentioning Back In Black from AC/DC
    01-03-13 11:12 PM
    Yes its the real game of Football. LOL take a deep breath. I am sure Samsung and Verizon etc will have ads so BB10 ad has to slick fast and memorable.
    01-03-13 11:14 PM
    would be cool if they could use the camera to capture a play or the refs using it to review a missed call :P though i doubt we'll see one
    01-03-13 11:56 PM
    I hope they make that commercial they leaked before, with Amy Winehouse song: "back to black"

Others were mentioning Back In Black from AC/DC

Oh yeah AC/DC.

And a twist with the Rimpire.

Droids (google type) milling around then Vader enters and lite saber slashes them all as Back in Black starts blasting.

Darth turns forward and of course the Blackberry logo is emblazoned on his chest. Says " The force is not with droid."

And PS since this also about football:

GO HAWKS!
    01-03-13 11:59 PM